Just got aboard

Don

I have been reading some post for a couple of days.
I guess I fit in to the Old Iron Class, and not that young myself been retired 6 years.

I have a 59 model 430 John Deere that was my dads. He bought it in 1964. I rescued it last spring it had one wheel rusted out, got a used wheel and put new tires on the back. Changed it over to 12 volts with alternator, cleaned the carburetor put in a kit and new spark plugs, points, condense, rotor. Front tires
look bad but they are still holding air.
I also have a 1977 Wheel Horse that I bought new, and a Troy Bilt Horse tiller.
I'am located 25 miles North of Charlotte, NC .

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Don! Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us.
Since you were able to post I'm guessing you can also see pics now. I got your message from earlier that you were having issues seeing the pics.
Good job rescuing that older JD. I had a 1952 Ford 8N that I had to sell in order to get my Kubota, boy that was tough. I wish I could have kept it to play with. Loved that tractor. Something about the old iron.
How about posting pics of your tractors when you get a chance.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

Jim

Don

My tractors

Here is a couple pictures.

IMGP1341.jpg

IMGP1397.jpg

IMGP1395.jpg

I need to get to work on that tore up seat. I had it covered right after dad bought the tractor. It's going to need a lot more work this time.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Don. :thumb: Reps to you!!!!! :D

Love that old JD. :thumb: What's her name?

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome bro'. Nothing wrong with that ol' iron. We have a JD 820 at the farm that's about the same vintage. It's still working and still used. If I were to be honest, it's my favorite tractor. It's certainly the one I feel safest on. It's like a tank. I love it.

Ron Leard

nice pic's Don, welcome aboard. Love your 430, looks alot like the JD 'M' & 'MT', but bigger. Love the 'ol Johnny poppers too! I would love to have any JD 2cylinder.