FEL Easy Removal

Big D

I am looking for an idea to be able to remove the FEL somewhat quickly. The way my yard is with all the trees and everything else i use my tractor more for grass than anything. With the FEL it makes it a little more difficult to maneuver. There has got to be an easy way to take this off and put it on. Please give me some ideas. Thanks

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The Fergie or the New Holland? The NH should come off similar to my Kubota. The description in the manual is clear as mud but if someone who knows how will show you it is easy.

I have no idea about the older models.

Jim

Big D

The New Holland. I know how to actually unlatch it but once i unlatch it i'm not sure how to support it when i back away from it. It didnt come with instructions on the FEL.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've heard of some not doing it correct and having the FEL frame fall onto the hood of the tractor. :eek:
I've never removed mine. Partially because I did not have a concreted area to do it until this year. But now I don't need to remove the FEL because I have a ZTR to do the mowing.
Long way of saying that a flat concrete area makes it easier to remove the FEL. I hope ohters can give more detail as I only have book knowledge on this. :eek:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The New Holland. I know how to actually unlatch it but once i unlatch it i'm not sure how to support it when i back away from it. It didnt come with instructions on the FEL.

mine has swing-down stands pinned to the bottom of the booms on each side.

If you want I will try to find the manual and send you the pages.

Jim

Big D

Hey Jim

The FEL that i have is a 7308. I looked and i didnt see any swing-down stands. I would like to see those pages though. If nothing else i could weld some swing-down stands if i have some pics. Thanks

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Here's the pages from my manual.

It's a LA463 mounted on a L3400 tractor.

I'll take some pics when I'm at the barn later this afternoon.

Jim

Attachments

• la463_detach2.pdf
    187.2 KB · Views: 351

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Here's some pictures. Hope they are clear enough. It's raining so I didn't pull it out of the barn.

top left is the removable pin one on each side.

top right is a little hard to see. The bottom pipe is part of the sub frame. just above it is a shaft welded to the sub frame and the bottom of the loader arm has a curved area that sits on top of it.

lower left is a stand. It is pinned at the top and pivots at the bottom near the bucket.

lower right is a side view, showing the side sub frame with the sub frame pipe at the bottom, the support shaft, and the removable pin.

Doc is right about the concrete. a smooth level surface makes it much easier.

Instead of welding on the stands you might be able to set some 6x6's under it on each side. The trick is to have it steady at the correct level so you can drive under it and the bottom of the loader arms will slip into place.

Good luck!

Jim

Attachments

• DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 709
  • DSC00027.jpg
    DSC00027.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 625
  • DSC00028.jpg
    DSC00028.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 767
  • DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 722

jwstewar

Staff member
Isn't the 7308 the loader where the leg looks like it folds down from the front of the tractor somehow? That may not be the right way to describe it, but that is the way it looks. Isn't it a big "U" shape? I wish I could be more help, but my 12LA is totally different.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
There are several 7308 manuals listed by New Holland. Cheap one is $11 and most expensive is $17.

I think there are separate operators, maintenance, and parts manuals. Might be worth getting them for both the tractor and loader.

service publications

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Big D,
I don't have a 7308, but found some pictures of one removed for your reference if it helps.
It "appears" to me that you set the bucket down and release the two levers one on each side of the loader. Release the latch across the bottoms of the pins. Extend the cylinders and back away. Remove the hoses. This is what it looks like to me, but get yourself a manual and do it correctly.

Attachments

• 13-148891-P5150001.JPG
    13-148891-P5150001.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,952
  • 310745-DCP_0565.small.jpg
    310745-DCP_0565.small.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 649
  • 310748-DCP_0567.small.jpg
    310748-DCP_0567.small.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 778

Big D

Thanks for the pics and the info guys. I would have never figured that one out. I will give it a shot tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. This is why i love this site. Thanks again to all.:beer:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the pics and the info guys. I would have never figured that one out. I will give it a shot tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. This is why i love this site. Thanks again to all.:beer:

Good outcome or even if :shitHitsFan:

WE WANT PICTURES!

Big D

Yes i did get it done and it was pretty easy. I was trying to get pics but i have had a lot going on and cant get the pics. Thank you so much for the pics you sent ohioTC18. Those made all the difference in the world. I did find that you have to leave the line hooked up to maneuver the bucket and back up at the same time. Once again, thanks for your help:beer: