Having fun with MSN Vitual Earth

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know what it is but I'm fascinated with satellite photos. I can spend hours just looking at friends, family and city aerial photos. Here's a few of my place ...............

Attachments

• property.jpg
    property.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 8
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 8
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1184a.jpg
    100_1184a.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 8

Mith

You aren't the only one. Its surprising how much more you can see from the air. Attached is a picture of the area where I live. The picture wont go in any more.

Your area looks very dry. Thats one thing I would miss if I moved out of England, the greenery.

Attachments

• ariel.jpg
    ariel.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 11

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
The satellites only take pictures inadvertently and can be any time of the year. My pictures appear to be from last fall. It's much greener here now.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Kewl. I wish I had more time and a faster connection to play more with google earth or MSN virtual earth.

B

bczoom

The satellites only take pictures inadvertently and can be any time of the year. My pictures appear to be from last fall. It's much greener here now.
I believe they intentionally take them in the spring and fall (up here in the North).

In summer, too much foliage to see things. Ditto when there's snow.

I don't have any current information on it but there's software that's been developed that takes the images from 2 different points in time and identifies changes.

In particular (and what I heard it was intended for) is to allow local/county governments to get a list of changes (e.g. structures) so they can see if appropriate permits and taxations were performed.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In particular (and what I heard it was intended for) is to allow local/county governments to get a list of changes (e.g. structures) so they can see if appropriate permits and taxations were performed.

:eek: Big Brother is really watching us all now. :pat:

BoneheadNW

Let's see if I can attach this photo of my place via google earth.
Bone

Attachments

• Bonehead Hacienda.jpg
    Bonehead Hacienda.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 4

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow BH. Lots of trees around you. .....and I thought you lived on an island. :pat:

BoneheadNW

Here is a pic from a little further out. The images were taken while the house was being built, I would say around 2001, so there is no grass around the house. Our place is in the center of the pic and is bordered to the north by the road, to the west by the meadow, and to the south by the cul de sac.
Bone

Attachments

• Bonehead Hacienda2.jpg
    Bonehead Hacienda2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 4

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice location you got there BH.

Yeah, yeah Brian .... islands do have trees .... but I didn't realize how big BH's island was. And to have that pic from above not show any of the shorelines surprised me.