What Did You Do Today

lb59

:thumb: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Went from 5 tractors to 4.
Sold the Pow R Kraft Lawn tractor .

Got rid of 2 old junk air compressors.
Set them down by the road at the end of my drive way with a free sign on them.
They didn't last 30 minutes.

Got rid of a stolen Bicycle.
Vandals left it here a couple of weeks ago when they hit my neighborhood pilfering stuff out of peoples cars.
Dropped the bike off at the Sheriffs Office to save them a trip coming out here to pick it up.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like a good day LB, but I didn't say anything about seat time. The only seat time I've gotten today is seat time in front of the computer. Yesterday I used the ZTR to mow the grass. It's growing weird this year. With the lack of rain it grows very slow, but for some reason the areas beside of the driveway and by the rock garden grow faster at the edges. The main yard is only half the height of the edge areas. :confused:

I'm also in the 'clean up' mode. But I'm just starting to dig into that. It will be a month long project to get my garage into shape.

Mith

Doc, I hear ya with the computer 'seat time', there is more coffee stain than white paint on my desk.
Its just been raining (surprise surprise, just as I was walking home) so I'm heading out into the workshop to make some noise and sparks! :D

lb59

Sounds like a good day LB, but it didn't say anything about seat time.
The only seat time I've gotten today is seat time in front of the computer. Yesterday I used the ZTR to mow the grass. It's growing weird this year. With the lack of rain it grows very slow, but for some reason the areas beside of the driveway and by the rock garden grow faster at the edges. The main yard is only half the height of the edge areas. :confused:

I'm also in the 'clean up' mode. But I'm just starting to dig into that. It will be a month long project to get my garage into shape.

Went from 5 tractors to 4.
*Sold the Pow R Kraft Lawn tractor .
1*Got a little seat time here driving it down to the road in the morning and back to the garage at dark each day for a week before it finally sold.

**Got rid of 2 old junk air compressors.
Set them down by the road at the end of my drive way with a free sign on them.
They didn't last 30 minutes.
2**Got one trip down to the road hauilng the ACs on a skid with the forks of my BX23 and the empty return trip to the tractor stall.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What's everybody doing today?
Kinda quiet it here so I suppose most are doing something outside, it is very nice out here.
I'm heading out to work on a boat problem. The problem is intermittent so we might have it fixed, but I won't know till I try it out for a bit. I'll actually be trying to make it fail. .....if it goes like normal it won't fail, I'll head down river and get stranded.
Wish me luck. :D

Mith

I've got the tractor in lots of bits spread around the workshop rebuilding the gearbox mount and fenders, got to the point last night where I just wanted to walk away for a while, and I havent been back yet :D

Doc, intermittant problems are the worst kind, take beer and a towrope. The beer wont help the boat problems, but its a good thing to have :D

lb59

What's everybody doing today?
Kinda quiet it here so I suppose most are doing something outside, it is very nice out here.
I'm heading out to work on a boat problem. The problem is intermittent so we might have it fixed, but I won't know till I try it out for a bit. I'll actually be trying to make it fail. .....if it goes like normal it won't fail, I'll head down river and get stranded.
Wish me luck. :D
Head up stream so you can drift back down home when it conks out on you.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good advice Mith ... but guess what. My truck broke dow yeaterday, so I couldn't launch the boat to try it out. The truck is an old one i just use for towing. It turned over 190k miles yeterday.
The tach and speedo went crazy. The MPH were pegged and the tach jumped eratically, but it ran okay. Then we get to the boat club, turn off to unload. Go to start up to launch the Baja, but when I turn the key nothing. Arrrrrrrrrg.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Head up stream so you can drift back down home when it conks out on you.

I've tried that, but the river can outsmart you. To often the winds are stronger than the current and it will carry you up river instead of down. Especially just below Marietta. I love the breeze most of the time but sometimes it works against you.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can say 'Sore Back'.

you sure have good weather for it ...probably a little hot if anything.

Unusual first day of fall.

jwstewar

Staff member
I've had the benefits of a 4 day weekend this weekend. Fri - Mon and the best part is it hasn't cost me any vaca time.:thumb:

Friday I bush hogged the "other side" of our property, I also cut the garden. It is only 2 acres or so, but I spend a lot of time backing into stuff so it pretty much takes all day. That was Friday. Yesterday I put the tiller on the back and tilled the garden under. I then got my beat up old weed eater out and cut our front ditch. It died several times on me, but I was able to get most of it cut before I broke the end of button that locks the shaft in place. I went and looked at a new Echo last week. Was planning on buying, but they didn't take credit cards and we didn't have the check book with us. Now I'm talking myself out of spending $400 for a weed eater even though I know I need to. Maybe I can put it off until spring.....

Today Monica and I straightened the garage up from all of the tools that were out from working on the camper and then she did a yard sale Friday and Saturday. She made almost $300, of course I don't want to know what the stuff originally cost.

We also worked around our little pond a little bit. Just some typical pond stuff. While we were doing that we saw that we have some baby fish. We are hoping that they make it to spring.

Not sure what I'll get into tomorrow. Maybe cut some wood in case we go camping this coming weekend.

jwstewar

Staff member
Oh, I forgot. Friday after bush hogging I power washed the tractor and cutter. Then yesterday after tilling, I hand washed the tractor and wax the hood and fenders. Made it look like new again except that I put a scratch down the center of the hood Friday. :(

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, I forgot. Friday after bush hogging I power washed the tractor and cutter. Then yesterday after tilling, I hand washed the tractor and wax the hood and fenders. Made it look like new again except that I put a scratch down the center of the hood Friday. :(

That is something that is on my list of 'things to do' (Wash and Wax ...not the scratch) :D

Good thing you straightened the garage before the garage sale ....else you could've lost some of your tools & whatnot.

I seeded a couple of slopes outside of our walk out basement last spring. The grass started out good, but the hot dry summer did it in. This is the 3rd time I've seeded it without satisfactory results.
Tonight I start getting some rich soil from my wooded acres and plop it on these two slopes. Then later this week I'll seed & cover it all over again.

Feel free to pass on grass growing tips if you have any.

jwstewar

Staff member
Good luck with the grass Doc. I don't do well with grass. I can grow weeds pretty well, but grass doesn't do well at all.:mad2:

B

bczoom

Feel free to pass on grass growing tips if you have any.
When I plant grass where conditions aren't ideal (be it slope or dry or whatever), I do all the prep, seeding and hose it down to get it good and wet (but without over watering where you get run-off).

I then take 4 mil clear plastic (or similar) and cover. This keeps the moisture in and also acts like a greenhouse of sorts. I remove the cover every couple/few days and re-water. By doing so, the area stays moist, warm and your seed won't run-off if you get a heavy rain. I remove the plastic after the grass is 1" or so. At this point, it won't wash away and can handle mother nature.

I wouldn't want to do this for a couple acres but areas of 1000 sq/ft or smaller, it works well.

I dug a 80' trench last week, buried (2) 4" drain pipes and re-covered. I'll be seeding, watering and covering with plastic tonight.

larryRB

We left Saturday running over 800 miles to Ironton Ohio. Visited there, drove to Columbus, visited their zoo, left there and went to southwest side of Cleveland. Will leave here tomorrow and be home late tomorrow night.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We left Saturday running over 800 miles to Ironton Ohio. Visited there, drove to Columbus, visited their zoo, left there and went to southwest side of Cleveland. Will leave here tomorrow and be home late tomorrow night.

You are getting around all of Ohio pretty much. You might have come close to me if you drove along the Ohio river on your way to Ironton.
Have a good trip back home, and be careful up there in Cleveland. I sure like the downtown area and the flats up there now that they've cleaned it up. I miss the old stadium though.