Pat's EZ change snafu

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought Pat's EZ change hitch system a couple of years ago, and love it.
It makes it ez to change all of your 3ph implements.
But, I've just found one minor annoyance. I have a 6' rear blade. I needed to rotate the blade and darn if the ends of the U bolt aren't in the way. Now I have no way to turn the blade when it is mounted on the tractor.
Anyone else have the EZ change system?
Have you run into this issue?

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I bought Pat's EZ change hitch system a couple of years ago, and love it.
It makes it ez to change all of your 3ph implements.
But, I've just found one minor annoyance. I have a 6' rear blade. I needed to rotate the blade and darn if the ends of the U bolt aren't in the way. Now I have no way to turn the blade when it is mounted on the tractor.
Anyone else have the EZ change system?
Have you run into this issue?

Yes, I have them as well. I do remember having trouble the first time I tried to reverse my 5' blade. But then figured out that if I retracted the top link (hydraulic on mine) it would swing around without problem.

B

bczoom

I don't have that system but can't rotate my 6' blade since it hits the tires...

jwstewar

Staff member
I have Pat's. My blade is offset so I can rotate it one way but not the other. I can't get my blade to offset the other direction. I would try Jerry's suggestion of shortening the top link and then spinning.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good suggestion Jerry. I'll try that, even though I don't have a hydraulic top link. :)
My 6' is centered and comes really close to the wheels, but normally spins okay. I tried different height positions with the 3ph thinking that would help but it didn't. I never thought of the top link option. :pat: I bet that works. Dang if I haven't already removed the blade and turned it that way.