Mowing Out Over Ditches And Banks

lb59

Anybody Use A Rear Mount Mower or Brush Hog to mow out over ditches and banks?

How well does it work?

How much weight do I need on the front of a BX1500 to keep the rear mounted implement from tipping the tractor over backwards?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I use both a RFM and a rotary cutter / bush hog. A lot will depend on what the weight of the implement you are using. I've always had the FEL on when I used mine, so I had plenty of weight be default. Are front weights available for the BX15? 200 pounds extra there would probably do it for you if you went with a 4' implement. Once you know the weight of the implement you are considering we can give a more accurate answer.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I put a grill guard on my BX2350 that will take suitcase weights. I would assume the grill guard for your 1500 would have the weight bracket too. If you weld it wouldn't take too much to make one. Visit the dealer and measure the angle and spacing.

You could also make a weight box for the front to hold concrete chunks or anything else you have around that is heavy.

I'm with Doc on the amount, probably 200# or so for a 4 ft mower.

Few questions: when you pick up the mower on the 3 point does the tractor seem to move at all or is it solid? What about in transit when it is up? Very much bounce?

Jim

lb59

Few questions: when you pick up the mower on the 3 point does the tractor seem to move at all or is it solid? What about in transit when it is up? Very much bounce?

Jim
I haven't got the tractor yet.but thanks for the heads up on what to check out when I get it.:applause: