Just Rolled into Town!

HeyBob

Hi guys,

Just found this site, looks great. I have three tractors, '99 JD 4200, '57 Ford 850 and a '54 NAA Jubilee. I did sell my JD "G" a few years back to a guy that informed me he was gonna part it out as he was pulling out of my driveway. (that burned my onion) My goal is to restore the NAA, it's a real basketcase, I need a diversion from that "other" talk site I hang out on 24/7.:D

Nice to meet ya!

Bob

Mith

Welcome!
Youve got quite a collection going on there :D
We do like pics if you can post any :D

HeyBob

accutemppics080rd4.jpg

accutemppics078ha2.jpg

HeyBob

I'll have to get some better pics of the NAA, I have them posted at webshots and it's not really forum link friendly, or I just don't know how to do it. ;)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Bob, Welcome to our forums. Good member name you chose there. :D

Nice tractors. I'm a fan of the old Fords. Post all the pics you can of them, please.

Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

HeyBob

I will post more pics, I need to get my butt busy working on both of them actually. I need a diversion for sure, I spend waaay tooo much time hanging out at forums like this though.

FWIW, how old is this site? It seems quite new........April 2007?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The old Ford's like you have best fit yesterday's tractors right now. If you had not warned me I would have said sure, new holland and ford ...for the newer fords.
But, if there is enough threads about fords I'll be happy to create one more forum.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
FWIW, how old is this site? It seems quite new........April 2007?

Ding Ding Ding!!!!!! You got it right on your first guess. We're new, and most of us have been active on other tractor forums. Quite a wealth of tractor knowledge here.

Milwaukee

Your 601 and my 850 aren't very far off. Yours is newer, has a smaller engine, same one as in the NAA I think, being a 601 you have a 4 speed trans, or is it a 651?

It have select on speed which have 10 speed with 2 speed. I am say this is fast than 4 or 5 speed. It go to 20 to 25 mph but very scary ride. Here tip do not think about drive on bump road.:badidea: It cause very bounce plus hard to steer due front end is bounce but I feel it not comf but 6 or 7 speed is better than 8 to 10.