Glad to be here.

Hello to all. Glad to join this forum. I aint a Kentuckian, but was stationed for a few years at Fort Knox. One of the purtiest parts of this country. Kentucky I mean, not Ft Knox. :poke:

I live now on the high plains of NE Colorado. Got a 40 acre place here where we raise a few chickens, ducks, geese and a few hogs. We plan to get us some goats eventually and a calf or two.

My wife finally got to experience a real Colorado winter on the plains. We got snowed in 3 times last winter with the longest time almost a week. We are in a pretty remote area. My nearest neighbor is a mile away. After that its a few miles before anyone else. Closest town about 14 miles as the crow flies. Dont blink if you drive through it, its that small. Next one after that is about 35 miles. My works there and gets to drive that every day. Except this last winter. :umbrella: Good thing we had plenty of food.

Me, I work on and rebuild farm equipment as I can, I do metalwork, one of my hobbies is knife making. And I get to enjoy the peace and quiet of being in the country and watching the beautiful sunsets. :D

Dennis

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dennis, welcome aboard!

It's good to see you here. We need more Yanmar enthusiasts!

Any photos?

Mark777

Hey Dennis, Glad you made it over here.

I've enjoyed your many posts (at TBN) and look forward to pictures and updates on your Yanmar, knife making and other interests.

Mark

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Dennis,
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. :beer:
So we have a high plains member. kewl.
I hope you will share pics of some of the equipment you've worked on or restored.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

shimp

hi dennis :)

im a kentuckian, glad you had a good experience in the bluegrass state.

i hear colorado is beautiful, how bout postin a few pics of that thin atmosphere?

welcome aboard:bump:

hi dennis :)

im a kentuckian, glad you had a good experience in the bluegrass state.

i hear colorado is beautiful, how bout postin a few pics of that thin atmosphere?

welcome aboard:bump:

I just wanted to thank everyone for the outstanding welcome that I have recieved in the short time I have been a member here.

I really liked Kentucky. Louisville was really a nice town when I was there.

Yep...Colorado is pretty..more so the closer you get to the mountains and up in the mountains. I live out on the eastern plains. Not much in the way of trees or even hills. :fishing: But it does have a few decent fishing holes nearby. And if you like to hunt pheasant it doesnt get much better than here. And it has its own beauty. Doesnt have the trees as I said, but the sky goes on forever and we can sit on our steps in the evenings and watch storms a hundred miles away.

And I like the peace and quiet. We are pretty remote, rarely have any traffic along the road and then its usually just the neighbor or one of his sons. The only down side is you have to not mind the wind. Its usually windy out here and there is nothing to block it. But you get used to it and I dont notice it much until it hits 20 to 30 mph. And it has to hit about 50mph before it gets my close attention.

Titleman

Welcome Goldchaser/Dennis, I've too found this to be a very warm and friendly forum with, what appears to be, great moderators.:applause: You say you do alittle fishing? For trout, bass or what? I, like Doc, love to be outdoors and on the water. I prefer bass fishing for relaxation and salt water fishing for eating(if I was hungry, mostly throw them all back).Again, Welcome. See Ya, Tom :fishing:

Welcome Goldchaser/Dennis, I've too found this to be a very warm and friendly forum with, what appears to be, great moderators.:applause: You say you do alittle fishing? For trout, bass or what? I, like Doc, love to be outdoors and on the water. I prefer bass fishing for relaxation and salt water fishing for eating(if I was hungry, mostly throw them all back).Again, Welcome. See Ya, Tom :fishing:

Hi Tom, and welcome also. Yep..I like this forum alot. And the folks here.

If I had my druthers I would fish nowhere but saltwater. :D But that is kind of hard to do where I am located, being how its about 1200 miles or thereabouts to the nearest coast. So the best place nearby has catfish, a few bass, perch and some trout. The next place after that has those modified striped bass and trout, catfish and such. :D