Speaking of Tough Trucks............

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I kind of like the looks of it. But .... it still looks small (the nose is short like a compact truck).
I suppose it will cost 40 or 50k. Way to rich for my blood.

Attachments

• tundra_dually1.jpg
    tundra_dually1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 18
  • tundradually2.jpg
    tundradually2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 19

HeyBob

I love the paint, the dually does justice to an otherwise ugly design. I have only seen maybe 4 Tundra's since the new design came out.

Where I live for obvious reasons is Big 3 Country.

The wheels are also too big, maybe 18's or 19's but not 22's.

nixon

Y'all might want to check out www.tundrasolutionscom . It's a great truck but the one weakness seems to be that toyota got the tailgate wrong .
Seems like the thing won't hold a lot of weight ,and is separating at the seams
If they address that, thay just might have a world class truck .

Guess I'm gonna be driving my trusty Chevy 2500HD for a L-O-N-G time to come!!! ;)

Of course, if I win the lottery... All bets are off!!! :mrgreen:

Dougster

Dougster,
It will take you a L-O-N-G time to wear that truck of yours out. I know that you probablly don't even have 5K miles on it yet.
Oh yea mine will turn over to 76K this week on the drive home:D

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,
It will take you a L-O-N-G time to wear that truck of yours out. I know that you probablly don't even have 5K miles on it yet.
Oh yea mine will turn over to 76K this week on the drive home:D
Hey, Hey HEY!!! I'll have you know that I turned 3,500 miles today!!! Driving around town at about 9 MPG with a big smile on my face after winning my infamous "flat tire" court case! :D

By the way... Do I have to change the oil now??? :confused:

Dougster

Hey, Hey HEY!!! I'll have you know that I turned 3,500 miles today!!! Driving around town at about 9 MPG with a big smile on my face after winning my infamous "flat tire" court case! :D

By the way... Do I have to change the oil now??? :confused:

Dougster

Well normally they recommend 3500 miles or 3 months wich ever comes first. My dad was a mechanic and because of this I am kinda religious about oil changes. Nissan recomends 3750 miles between oil changes and this drives me nuts. My entire life I have been faithful to every 3000 miles.

Dougster

Old Member
Well normally they recommend 3500 miles or 3 months wich ever comes first. My dad was a mechanic and because of this I am kinda religious about oil changes. Nissan recomends 3750 miles between oil changes and this drives me nuts. My entire life I have been faithful to every 3000 miles.
Let's see here... 3,500 miles in 15 months (give or take). That's ~233 miles per month and 700 miles every three months. You want me to change my oil every 700 miles??? :forgetit:

Dougster

Let's see here... 3,500 miles in 15 months (give or take). That's ~233 miles per month and 700 miles every three months. You want me to change my oil every 700 miles??? :forgetit:

Dougster

That's what they recommend. Me I would change it at least once a year. But I don't have to worry about that. If the guys at the garage don't see me every three weeks or so they put out an ABP:D

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dougster feel free to start a thread about a 'flat tire court case' ,,,, it sounds interesting. :)
I wouldn't change oil at 700 miles either!!! :eek: How often do you change it? Once a year?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's what they recommend. Me I would change it at least once a year. But I don't have to worry about that. If the guys at the garage don't see me every three weeks or so they put out an ABP:D

Have you considered synthetic? You could easily double the milage between changes. I've verified this with oil tests. Lower operating temps to. You don't save money since ti costs more, but it saves you time / visits to the oil change shop.

Dougster

Old Member
Can I have your old motor oil so I can burn it and keep warm this winter??? :letitsnow:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster feel free to start a thread about a 'flat tire court case' ,,,, it sounds interesting. :)
I wouldn't change oil at 700 miles either!!! :eek: How often do you change it? Once a year?
I just want to forget all about the flat tire court case!!! :( Suffice to say: Cops do not like me and I do not like cops. :mad:

The good news is that this time, I managed to beat them. :)

I snowplow, so I do need to change it more often than that... about once ever six months whether I need it or not. :snow:

Dougster

Have you considered synthetic? You could easily double the milage between changes. I've verified this with oil tests. Lower operating temps to. You don't save money since ti costs more, but it saves you time / visits to the oil change shop.

Never really liked synthetic. Don't have a valid reason just never liked it. Money isn't the issue, I have the best kinda truck to have "COMPANY" it comes complete with credit card. As far as the time thing the place I go to is on the way home from theoffice and I am in and out in 15 minutes flat.

Can I have your old motor oil so I can burn it and keep warm this winter??? :letitsnow:

Dougster

I could ask the guys to save it for ya if you want Doug. Hey if you are interested I have about 10 gal of hyd fluid and 2 gal of motor oil from when I did the tractor service. :D

Last edited:

Dougster

Old Member
I could ask the guys to save it for ya if you want Doug. Hey if you are interested I have about 10 gal of hyd fluid and 2 gal of motor oil from when I did the tractor service. :D
Trust me!!! If I could burn it, I'd do it!!! :snow:

I'm afraid it's going to be a long, cold winter in New England... with almost no snow, of course. We wouldn't want old Dougster to wear out his snowplow making gobs of money now, would we??? :eek:

Dougster

Trust me!!! If I could burn it, I'd do it!!! :snow:

I'm afraid it's going to be a long, cold winter in New England... with almost no snow, of course. We wouldn't want old Dougster to wear out his snowplow making gobs of money now, would we??? :eek:

Dougster

Ya know you could get a sweeper for the front of the truck. That way if we don't get any of the white stuff you could make a living sweeping driveways and parking lots. :poke:

Dougster

Old Member
Ya know you could get a sweeper for the front of the truck. That way if we don't get any of the white stuff you could make a living sweeping driveways and parking lots. :poke:
Kinda like buying bonds in a down market... heh??? :umbrella:

Of course, I wasn't smart enough to do that either. :huh:

Dougster