Hi Everyone

My name is Ed. Dougster dragged me over here. I live in Maine, (well that's where the house is) I am the field coordinator for a structural steel fabricator. General job description, everything is my fault and I get to spend 49 weeks out of the year on the road. :umbrella: The company does manage to get me home every weekend though. Between trying to get thru the never ending Honey Do list, and everything elese the wife wants to get done on the weekends, I do try to spend as much time on the tractor. This is never enough time.

This past summer I sold of the 1963 JD1010RU and bought a brand new Mahndra 4530. My best friend owns a dairy farm down the road from the house, and I spend most of the summer helping him with hay.

jbrumberg

Welcome to this site Ed :Tip-Hat2: . I always felt like the "Welcome Wagon" at another site as that site did not appear as welcoming to new members. There appears to be more collegiality here. Jay

Dougster

Old Member
Ed - I hope you noticed that *YOU* are a "JUNIOR" member and I am an *OLD* member... so I hope you will show some respect for me here! ;)

Dougster

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Ed,
I'm glad you came on over to our new tractor site. :thumb:

Thanks to Dougster for steering you this way, rep points on the way buddy. :thumb:

I hope you enjoy it here Ed, and don't forget ...post often. :D :thumb:

Ed - I hope you noticed that *YOU* are a "JUNIOR" member and I am an *OLD* member... so I hope you will show some respect for me here! ;)

Dougster

Yes Doug I did notice that. You must really have some pull over here. You go from Junior member to Senior member in less than 10 posts. But they way I look at it, it is a description of You rather than the time you have been here. :poke:

Dougster

Old Member
Yes Doug I did notice that. You must really have some pull over here. You go from Junior member to Senior member in less than 10 posts. But they way I look at it, it is a description of You rather than the time you have been here. :poke:
Yeah... you're right! :( There's apparently a big difference between being a senior member and just an old member. :eek:

On the other hand, it's still better than being a junior member... Sonny!!! :D

Dougster

Mark thanks for the welcome. I have added a pic of the 4530, and I want no comments about the counter weight Doug:D

Doc thatnks, and don't worry about me having fun. Dougster is here too and some days he is all the fun I need.

Attachments

• Trac.JPG
    Trac.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 179

Dougster

Old Member
Good Lord!!! You'd think a wealthy 4530-owning man with access to all the steel in the world could come up with a better counterweight than an old beer keg!!! :yankchain:

Dougster

Good Lord!!! You'd think a wealthy 4530-owning man with access to all the steel in the world could come up with a better counterweight than an old beer keg!!! :yankchain:

Dougster

Look under the keg. That little I beam weighs in somewhere around 650 lbs. Believe it or not that wasn't enough (for the old tractor). That keg on top is filled with old lead wheel weights. If I ha to take a guess I'd say it weighs around 400 lbs. or so.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome counter weight!!! :thumb:
I was wondering how you keep it cold ....or do you like warm beer? :D :yankchain:

Dougster

Old Member
Look under the keg. That little I beam weighs in somewhere around 650 lbs. Believe it or not that wasn't enough (for the old tractor). That keg on top is filled with old lead wheel weights. If I ha to take a guess I'd say it weighs around 400 lbs. or so.
With your brand new welder, I expect to see something a bit more... ahem... professional looking by next spring. ;)

Dougster

Awesome counter weight!!! :thumb:
I was wondering how you keep it cold ....or do you like warm beer? :D :yankchain:

You might be onto something here Doc. If I put a block of dry ice under the keg and run a hose up to the operators station I think it might work. :king:

With your brand new welder, I expect to see something a bit more... ahem... professional looking by next spring. ;)

Dougster

Oh come on I think it adds a personal touch. Besides that it isn't on the top of the list. I think Bush Hog repair is number 1 followed by front bale spear.

Dougster

Old Member
Oh come on I think it adds a personal touch. Besides that it isn't on the top of the list. I think Bush Hog repair is number 1 followed by front bale spear.
Imagine the joy of being a steel guy with a brand new welder. Imagine how nice that 4530 would look with a really professional looking counterweight... all painted up nice in Mahindra red and gray! :)

Come on man!!! For goodness sake... Make us proud!!! :waiting:

Dougster

Mark thanks for the welcome. I have added a pic of the 4530, and I want no comments about the counter weight Doug:D

Doc thatnks, and don't worry about me having fun. Dougster is here too and some days he is all the fun I need.

Well, we can't always get things exactly the way we want 'em:D

About that weight.:whistle: I don't see the tapper. Has the weight already been transferred to the operator:poke: :yum: :beer: :beer:

Howdy and welcome!:Tip-Hat2:

Well, we can't always get things exactly the way we want 'em:D

About that weight.:whistle: I don't see the tapper. Has the weight already been transferred to the operator:poke: :yum: :beer: :beer:

Howdy and welcome!:Tip-Hat2:

:beer: FWJ thanks. I work all day long with a bunch of iron workers. I can tell you that all that weight did not get transferred to this operator. :beer: