Well, I sure did it today...

Cant believe it. Everything was going good lately and what do I do....bust my daggone foot this morning. Was barefoot and was in a hurry. :puke1:
And stubbed my foot on the edge of the door and ...well...the rest is history.
:badidea: Busted the bone just back of the little toe on me left foot. So I sit here in bed with my foot elevated and feeling foolish as all get out.:umbrella:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Dennis. Ouch, that hurts. Been there done exactly that.

Here's to a quick recovery. :beer: :beer:

Mith

Sorry to hear you are not on your feet, and it would be right before the weekend too!

I reckon I must have done something similar (but maybe not quite as extreme), all down the outside of my foot is real sore, been hobbling about all week.

Dougster

Old Member
Cant believe it. Everything was going good lately and what do I do....bust my daggone foot this morning. Was barefoot and was in a hurry. :puke1:
And stubbed my foot on the edge of the door and ...well...the rest is history.
:badidea: Busted the bone just back of the little toe on me left foot. So I sit here in bed with my foot elevated and feeling foolish as all get out.:umbrella:
I feel your pain Dennis... literally... because I did exactly the same thing with exactly the same result back in August. :( I couldn't work for a month... and the pain lasted a good two months. I can now report three months out that the pain is 99% gone and life is good again (except for some recent back pain... OUCH!!!).

Let's hope that YOUR recovery is a lot faster than MINE was!!! :)

Dougster

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I just recovered from the same thing, left foot too :oops:

There are so many of us with the same problem it must be an epidemic.

Think our tractors are causing it? Maybe it is Doc's tractor forum?

Ouch....What did the doc say?

Sometimes they do very little and just tape them up like a cracked rib.

Thats exacatly what they did. And told me to stay off it, bedrest, ice and the usual pain meds. NOt supposed to walk on it for at least 2 week.s And even that is provisional. :angry: My wife gave me a good talkig to as well. :moon3:

A good day:umbrella:

I just recovered from the same thing, left foot too :oops:

There are so many of us with the same problem it must be an epidemic.

Think our tractors are causing it? Maybe it is Doc's tractor forum?

Old age itus. Ya know....difficulty seeing where the feet are because of the belly. :D

Titleman

goldchaser- sorry to hear about your misfortune:sorry: ..., but, I'm sure you'll bounce back in short order. Try and do as instructed by the pros and simi-pros.:respect: Tom

Well, I be up and around some. Its not bothering me as bad today as I thought it would. My sons went and got the FEL from the previous owner for me today. I had been waiting all this time for him to bring it by and he didnt have time. So I called him and said my sons would pick it up and they went up and got it. Not going to complain though. Not really. I mean, the tractor didnt cost me anything other than putting it into running condition again. And it came with the FEL, a finish mower and scraper blade.

I was actually walking some on this foot this afternoon. Pulled the tape off and boy....is it ever bruised. From the toe about midway back to the middle of my foot. Still swollen some. Just hard to believe it bruised that much.

Dougster

Old Member
I was actually walking some on this foot this afternoon. Pulled the tape off and boy....is it ever bruised. From the toe about midway back to the middle of my foot. Still swollen some. Just hard to believe it bruised that much.
You don't want to know how bad my left foot looked. :eek: I'd never seen anything quite so nasty. Thank God it started to look better after a week or so... although full recovery still seemed to take forever.

Just be careful about doing too much too soon. I'm guessing I re-injured my foot several times... causing ugly setbacks during my recovery period. I probably also should have bought a cheap pair of extra wide shoes. Using my regular shoes at times during my recovery period certainly didn't help. :eek:

Dougster