Looking at Mahindra

JDtoys

I am currenty shopping new tractors. I run all John Deere tractors on the farm now. However John Deere has put a bad taste in my mouth by getting rid of all of the small dealers and going to more of a corporate style business. I have researched all brands and it seems that the Mahindra is a well built tractor. Does anyone own one or have any feedback.
Thanks
Billy

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome JDtoys. I did a double take when I saw your ID and your question. :confused: but once I read it you made perfect sense.

We have some Mahandra folks. Feel free to post the same question in the Mahandra forum for better exposure.

I'm glad you decided to join NTT. :D
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
WELCOME ABOARD! :Tip-Hat2:

We have several Mahindra owners who will be able to help you.

Don't overlook the other brands too. Lots of good tractors out there, just pick the one with the feature set you desire. The biggest difference is the quality of your dealer no matter the brand.

I've gone all Kubota because of the local Deere dealer :hide:

Jim

Mark777

Welcome Billy.

All I can add is that I haven't heard a peep one concerning complaints or buyers remorse from new Mahindra owners.

Mark

JDtoys

6th generation

Our family has been farming this same land for over 200 years. Since the 20's the only paint on this farm has been green. I have looked at the Kubota and also the New Holland. However when it is all said and done they all make tall grass short and you are paying for the service. The boy at the Mahindra dealer seemed to know his equipment, and he also did the service work himself. He knew the ends and outs not just specs off of a paper. My great grandfather would roll over in his grave if he knew I was lookin at a red tractor

Dougster

Old Member
I am currenty shopping new tractors. I run all John Deere tractors on the farm now. However John Deere has put a bad taste in my mouth by getting rid of all of the small dealers and going to more of a corporate style business. I have researched all brands and it seems that the Mahindra is a well built tractor. Does anyone own one or have any feedback.
Thanks
Billy
Hey Billy - Boy, ain't that the truth about JD. Folks say the dealer consolidation thing is necessary for them to survive... but their profits on the US compact tractor side appear to be slipping against so much new competition anyway. Fortunately for them, construction equipment and foreign sales are still very strong.

Anyway, I own a 2004 Mahindra 4110 (made for Mahindra by TYM). Depending on what size machine you are looking for, there are others here who can assist you as well or better than I can. I remain very pleased and enthusiastic overall with Mahindra and wouldn't sell my Red Beast for anything... although I do plan to add another piece of equipment to my "fleet" by next spring to expand my job range beyond the capabilities of the one mid-sized tractor/backhoe combo. :)

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
My great grandfather would roll over in his grave if he knew I was lookin at a red tractor
I know the feeling... and I get it again every time I go to an antique tractor pull. Plus I am a big "Buy American" guy. I originally set out to buy a Deere as well... and very nearly did. Talk to other owners here and elsewhere. A big red tractor is not the end of the world... really. :rolleyes:

Dougster