Link Project

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It's been a while since we looked at the link project for NTT. Doc plans to have a section of tractor and farm related links on the site.

It's all one page with no frills. There is an index at the top of the page with links to anchors set at each section. Once we have the list finalized Doc will organize and reformat the information for a NTT page.

tractor and farm related links

Would everyone take a look at the list and give us your input?

Who did I leave off?
Anyone who should be removed?
Are the descriptions accurate?
Any dead links?
How about the topics?
Should we split into more topics?
Are there any other topics to add?

Thanks for your help,

Jim

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It's been a while since we looked at the link project for NTT. Doc plans to have a section of tractor and farm related links on the site.

It's all one page with no frills. There is an index at the top of the page with links to anchors set at each section. Once we have the list finalized Doc will organize and reformat the information for a NTT page.

tractor and farm related links

Would everyone take a look at the list and give us your input?

Who did I leave off?
Anyone who should be removed?
Are the descriptions accurate?
Any dead links?
How about the topics?
Should we split into more topics?
Are there any other topics to add?

Thanks for your help,

Jim

UPDATE -

fixed the problem with the top titles linked to the wrong page.

added TYM and Caterpillar to the list.

fixed the link to WW Grainger.

Added AGCO (should I keep a separate link to MF?)

No one noticed the link to the Pink Flamingos? :hide:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We've taken the next step with the link page.

It has been reformatted to more closely match the NTT Forum look and moved to the NTT server.

Please take a look and let us know if there are any additions or corrections you would recommend. If you have any trouble viewing or it is to wide for your screen let us know.

Thanks for your help

Doc and Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Jim. Good work buddy!!!!! :tiphat: :applause:

Dean, you can link to your forums from your sig as you have been, the resource page is not for tractor forums so your link would not be appropriate there.

Edit to add:
For anyone interested in some exposure, I'm looking for tractor articles on any subject. If your article is choosen for publication you will be albe to add a link to your site along with your name. Article links are like gold. It helps your site much more than a normal link from a post like this. PM me if interested.

Archdean

"Dean, you can link to your forums from your sig as you have been, the resource page is not for tractor forums so your link would not be appropriate there."

I agree, the reason I posed the question, in your original version there was a forums portion, NO?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It might have. I didn't notice. Jim Slagle created it for me. It was housed on another web site that Jim runs. We modified it for use here on NTT..

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry about the confusion.

The other site has a page of links that DOES have a forums section. I did a cut and paste to start the NTT page and housed the page temporarily on the other site. The original page used what are called anchors on each section and the list of sections at the top links to the anchors. When I did the cut and paste I didn't notice that the top links on the new page stayed connected to the original page rather than the new one. If you scrolled down the new page everything was fine. If you clicked on something in the list at the top of the page you were transfered to the old page and would have seen the forums list. If you didn't notice that the header changed you wouldn't have known you were in the wrong place.

When I was doing a final check on the page layout several days ago I discovered the problem and corrected it.

UPDATE -
fixed the problem with the top titles linked to the wrong page.

Jim