Question for the tractor people

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting. Let us know if you fabricate something for it.

Archdean

I think for a lot less then $209 + freight which you will have to modify anyway! (my experience w/femco) you certainly can build a suitable shield and chances are it will look / perform better anyway!

Just how much is a small tarp and some 6 mill visqueen + a few bungee cords and a few aluminum garden/plant stakes anyway?;)

larryRB

You have already fabricated a roof attached to the roll bar,, Buy the full golf cart with plastic windows from the same place, I think they are still 100.00,, This will fit over your fabricated roof and you have 4 sides to cover you and can still look out in any direction.,., Buy a small new heater that is made for the rear of large vans liks the Ford E 100/200/300 models, For what that Femco system costs, you can have complete coverage and heat too.,

shinnlinger

good points guys...I left some large sheets of "free" plexiglass on the side of the road last summer and I have been kicking myself ever since. I might just start with a windsheild and go from there....but I need to get the rig running first

SPYDERLK

You have already fabricated a roof attached to the roll bar,, Buy the full golf cart with plastic windows from the same place, I think they are still 100.00
I want one of them $100 golf carts. I could use it for spare parts for mine;) .
larry

N

Nicahawk

Hi,

Do you think I could make the femco weather brake
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200307855_200307855
which is designed for old row crop machines work on my Kubota?

I would have to reverse the fan so that it would blow heat at me, and probaly have to cut and trim some things, but what do you think..am I crazy?
Shinn, I found a vinyl enclosure on eBay a while back with a zipper entry and Velcro seam seals that I picked up for $150. It was made for a Mahindra so I knew it wasn't going to fit, but the price was about 300 bucks cheaper than if ordered for a specific brand and model. With a few mods here and some Gorilla duct tape (love that stuff) it worked out OK. It's far from pretty, but it's functional and I only have to leave it on for about three months.
As the
icon7.gif
shines thru the vinyl it helps warm you, but the best part is your pretty protected. The vinyl does distort your vision somewhat but my eyes are so old they don't know the difference.

The after market canopy was from Sun Guard and with shipping was $277.

I like the golf cart idea also, I wish I'd checked that out also, would be nice to compare.

Attachments

• Enclosure 1 (470 x 313).jpg
    Enclosure 1 (470 x 313).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Canopy resized.jpg
    Canopy resized.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: