Michigander sayin Hi.

JDA 3020

Figured my first post should be one to say hello from snow covered Michigan. Wish we had some of that warm weather back from last summer.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome! Well I can't say from sunny California. It was cold rain all day here. :umbrella:

Tell us a little about yourself. Tractors? What kind? Applications?

Welcome aboard!

Mark777

WELCOME to NTT JDA 3020,

Been up your way many times and the wife and I have family living up north in MI. Your 30 acres sounds like a nice piece of Heaven and plenty of room to play on.

Look forward to future posts of your place, projects and equipment.

Mark

JDA 3020

Welcome!

Tell us a little about yourself. Tractors? What kind? Applications?

I have a 1966 John Deere 3020 row crop. A 1944 John Deere B and an unstyled John Deere BR.
The antiques are something that I do with my dad, he has restored 12 or so antiques (various brands) since he retired in 1994 from farming. We farmed 1640 acres and rented an additional 400, I have another brother who farmed with dad and I.We mostly had Deere equiptment on the farm (tractors were 5020,4020,3020, 2-2030's, 70 standard and a B) but we also had a 1066 and 1486 IH as well as a 1370 Case so I am not color blind to makes of tractors.
I have the 3020 to keep my driveway cleared in the winter of snow, leveled in the summer from ruts. It also helps me clean up fencerows, and work the edges of my field. I farm my 30 acres on shares with a friend, it has worked well. I'd love to buy the adjoining 25 acres and expand my acreage a bit. I realize I can never go back to large scale farming ( at least it seemed large at the time) but I would like to keep my hands in farming to some degree. You've heard the saying, "You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy" it kinda applies to me.

I had a chance to look around here a bit, I've seen some familiar names and it looks like a pretty good place to hang out and read about tractors.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi JDA. Thanks for doing an intro. I'm glad you found NTT and joined up. You sure sound like you'll be a wealth of tractor knowledge with all the equipment you've had experience with. And you 've worked a large farm. Kewl!!!!!!

We have a few others who restore old tractors. I think you'll find you fit right in here and hopefully you'll find plenty of stuff to keep you interested.

Enjoy and post often :thumb:
and .....tell your friends about NTT. :applause: :tiphat:

Bindian

Figured my first post should be one to say hello from snow covered Michigan. Wish we had some of that warm weather back from last summer.
Welcome JDA. It is hotter here than normal and we are having higher than normal humidity. So folks are running around in shorts in December.:eek::letitsnow:
hugs, Brandi

J

JayC

Hi, JDA. Welcome from one Michigander to another! If by "some of that warm weather from last summer" you mean all that hot stuff we had, I'll takes this over that. I never did like hot temps. Give me two feet of snow over 80-90 degree temps anyday! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

JDA 3020

If by "some of that warm weather from last summer" you mean all that hot stuff we had, I'll takes this over that. I never did like hot temps. Give me two feet of snow over 80-90 degree temps anyday! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hi Jay, no I was just hoping for some of the nice weather prior and after that extreme heat. I don't like a lot of heat either, 60 degrees and sunny is ideal for me.