Anyone near Piketon Ohio?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My son is talking to a guy on ebay about a car in Piketon Ohio. I think that is close to Jim. ....Maybe....

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, I found it, on 23 south of Chilocothe. So it won't be too bad of a drive to pick up a broken down car. :hide:
It looks like 32 out of Athens runs directly into it.

jwstewar

Staff member
Jerry is right on, Piketon is about 30 miles from me. Doc as you are coming across 32 Piketon is about 1/2 mile N of 32 on Rt. 23. Don't know the area real well and I'm not sure if the car is in Piketon proper. As you are heading down 32 you will go through Jackson. To keep the post tractor related, the dealer I bought my New Holland from is in Jackson (Cross and Sons).

BTW, in case you didn't know Piketon's claim to fame is the Uranium Enrichment plant. At the height of the cold war it was the second highest target (right after DC) on the Soviet's Hit List. Now they are looking at putting a clean-up operation at the site.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the info Jim. This is a private individual on Ebay. If he doesn't sell the car in 2 days, then my son might work out a swap with him. It's all up in the air now, but knowing how far we would have to go to get a broken down sports car will help with how much he really wants the car ( a 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible with a busted tranny).

Yep, I found it, on 23 south of Chilocothe. So it won't be too bad of a drive to pick up a broken down car. :hide:
It looks like 32 out of Athens runs directly into it.

I'm no where near there, but I'm familiar with the area. I used to play around with dirt bikes. For 16 years I rode any enduro's that were with-in a days drive. District 11AMA, which is southern Ohio had a passel (sp?) of 'em. Clubs in Chilicothe. Athens, and McArthur come immediately to mind. Rode one over west of there in Greenville every year too. Seems to me I recall a "Wayne National Forrest"???? Some of the best AND TOUGHEST enduro's I've ever ridden in. Last one was the Treaty City Run in 1992. (Greenville) :thumb:

Ah to be young and fearless again!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm no where near there, but I'm familiar with the area. I used to play around with dirt bikes. For 16 years I rode any enduro's that were with-in a days drive. District 11AMA, which is southern Ohio had a passel (sp?) of 'em. Clubs in Chilicothe. Athens, and McArthur come immediately to mind. Rode one over west of there in Greenville every year too. Seems to me I recall a "Wayne National Forrest"???? Some of the best AND TOUGHEST enduro's I've ever ridden in. Last one was the Treaty City Run in 1992. (Greenville) :thumb:

Ah to be young and fearless again!

I'm not far from Wayne National forrest. I have 50 acres that are much like WNF in that they are rugged. I've considered making a trail out of some of the ravines for those rock crawlers to attempt. If I had 100 extra acres I think I would be more likely to do that. We do have fun riding ATV's on the property thought.