Replacement Seats for BX Models

LS248

Went to Kubota dealer to make arrangements for 50 hour service on my 5030; and while in the computer, the service manager noticed I had a BX1800. He asked if I had the "upgrade" on the seat. When I said no, he told me for $25 I could get the upgraded seat. Ended up leaving the dealer with a new seat and halfway home, I remembered my neighbor had a BX1500 purchased at the same dealer, so I called the service manager back and got one for my neighbor. I installed my seat and it is great. Big difference.

Mith

Thats good value for a new seat!
Are the standard seats defective to warrant the upgrade?

My last seat cost me $80 and I thought that was cheap!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We bought a BX2230 to use at the barn. The dealer installed the new seat before it was delivered.

The new seat only lasted 10 hours.

Notice the lever handles that are missing too.

NEVER leave anything you value where the horses can get to it!

Attachments

• 15-12-07_1337.jpg
    15-12-07_1337.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 15-12-07_1338.jpg
    15-12-07_1338.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 166

LS248

People were complaining. Seats were uncomfortable and made the operator slide forward, so Kubota redesigned. I believe the new seat is for the BX and B series. I am very happy with the new one.

Dennis

DAP

New B Series Seat

I too got the new seat for my B7800. I waited several months and now that I have it I believe it was worth the 25 dollars, but it is definetly not the most comfortable tractors seat I've sat in.

:sad:

1kubota

Dealer installed my new seat FREE. WOW. That was the only thing they gave me. Everything else was high $$$$$$$$$$. BX2230, really like the little fella.

Larry
NW In.

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
I did not catch it that this was an old thread, so fired off an email to my dealer. He told me the program ended a couple of years ago and a new seat now will be in the $160 range.

Hate I missed seeing this post a couple years ago.

Bob

1kubota

I didn't even know anything about seat replacement. I purchased my used BX2230, when it was delivered the driver told me they replaced the seat because of complaints of the slant. Felt like you were tipping forward. When I tried the tractor at the dealer it had the angled seat, didn't say anything, figured I would try to do something with it myself. Of course they could afford to give me a seat. $8000.00 for a 2005 with 477 hrs. Looks and works like new.
Larry
NW In.

Toyboy

I purchased a '04 BX2230 this spring, and after using it a few times found that the seat was miserable to sit in. Heard that Messick's had replacements for $100 and jumped on it. Major difference, fun riding on it now.

1kubota

Replacement seats

Toyboy,
I miss stated. Mine is a 2004, not 05. What did you have to give for yours?

Pretty amazing how much these small tractors do. Not enough hydraulic lift for me. Could beef it up but that might tear something else up?

Larry
Northern In.

1kubota

Doesn't sound too bad. At least I know I didn't get zapped too bad. As I said in a earlier post, mine had 477 hrs on it. I have mower deck and front loader. Looking for a tiller for the right $$$$$. I have pics in one of my other postings.
Larry

Toyboy

I have friend down the road with a Bobcat so the FEL is not useful to me. If you do get a tiller make sure it gets a slip clutch. Dealer told me about a guy that didn't have one and cracked the rear PTO case when he hit a rock. If there is something I'd like to have, it's a flail mower... just because:)

1kubota

Very good advice. I didn't think of that. I would like all attachments but my wallet says no.
Thanks
Larry
Northern In.