WV Hillbilly

mscott

Hi I'm 53 years old from WV where I at this point of my life have almost 20 acres of half meadow and the other hillside. I own a Jinma354 that has around 500 hours of hard work and its starting to show. I also have a Kubota BX23 just made my last payment :tiphat: . It has 325 hours and I have taken it somewhat easier on it and it still looks pretty nice. My last farm toy is a Kawasaki Mule 610 that does help me and my dog get around. My interests are Tractors, lube oils and computers.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 252
  • buried3.jpg
    buried3.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 245

Mith

Welcome!

You definitely get points for stuck pictures on your first post! :D

Please tell us more about your Jinma, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it after 500 hours.

mscott

Thanks for the welcome. I've had very few problems with the Jinma just a few oil leaks. I think I might have to put seals in the hydraulics cause they are bleeding off faster then usual. I had to tighten a few bolts but can't really complain. It works really well on our terrain here in WV. Feels very stable! I've had several tractors the last 30 some years and it may just be my favorite for the money spent. I'm headed outside now to adjust the back blade hopeing for some snow. :letitsnow:

jbrumberg

mscott:

:wave: Welcome to NTT. This is a friendly site :respect: . Nice pics :wink:. I probably would have had to change my shorts as your "slip" would have more than exceeded my "Pucker Factor" :ohmy: :eek: Jay :letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
mscott:

:wave: Welcome to NTT. This is a friendly site :respect: . Nice pics :wink:. I probably would have had to change my shorts as your "slip" would have more than exceeded my "Pucker Factor" :ohmy: :eek: Jay :letitsnow:
"Pucker Factor" to be sure!!! :eek: I guess you need to know how to handle a tractor on steep hills down in WV! Up here in MA, I'd have passed on working that hill... even in an ASV RC machine! :eek:

Welcome to NTT MScott!!! :tiphat:

Dougster

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Aboard!

Thanks for the pictures!

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT. I'm glad you found us, and posted an intro with pics. Rep points for you.
I can see the hills WV from the backside of my house. My place is hilly, but from the pics I'd bet yours is worse. :D
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

mscott

Thanks for welcomeing me. I just came in from running the hillsides on my Mule would have played all day but DANG rain. Yes the hills here get pretty steep. Safety is on my top priority list. Seat belt and roll bar or cage are automatic for me. Heck I even put a harness and very short heavy lead rope on my dog that I think should protect him if we roll the Mule.
I was just wondering if maybe don't wanna come right on board:hide: and try changing things but maybe we could have a atv/utv forum added?

shinnlinger

Hi,

You any where near Shinnston? Thats were my forbears came from. I too am interested in the Jinma as it strikes me as a bare bones no frills machine that can get it done for not a ton of $$$

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Another new member mentioned they could talk ATV'ing all day long. I'll create the forum for you guys but you have to promise to get 10 threads in there rather quickly. I hate an empty forum.

irwin

Hi I'm 53 years old from WV where I at this point of my life have almost 20 acres of half meadow and the other hillside. I own a Jinma354 that has around 500 hours of hard work and its starting to show. I also have a Kubota BX23 just made my last payment :tiphat: . It has 325 hours and I have taken it somewhat easier on it and it still looks pretty nice. My last farm toy is a Kawasaki Mule 610 that does help me and my dog get around. My interests are Tractors, lube oils and computers.

Welcome mscott, wow, that's some hillside you're playing on! You must have more brass than me:tiphat:
Got a story to go along with getting that J354 out of the mud?

Plenty of us 50 + or - guys/gals on NTT you should fit right in...:mrgreen:

mscott

I had to call a friend that has a mobile home moving business to pull the 354 out. I've used the Jinma and a box blade to take lots of rough spots out of my hillsides. I'm lookig for some pics of the 354 at work to post. It takes a little brass but maybe its more like not enough brains:eek: to run on some of WV hills. Lots of my land is'nt tractor friendly thats the reason for the Mule. The reason I had the Jinma hung was there was a wet place where all the water run off from the hillside behind me laid. I've since with the help of the Jinma and BX23 fixed it and now it stays fairly dry. Thanks Doc I'd hope we get a few in here that has or wants some kind of atv/utv.

mscott

Thanks for the nice comment on my dog Tonka! Hes pretty close to my wife and I. Hes almost human like. Lots of people are down on his breed but they are an animal that needs proper supervision.....not a good dog for everyone. I got him from Ohio PBR a few years back and having rescued them for 25 years hes the best. I could count but I think hes about the tenth I've rescued. I have a female rescue also but shes afraid of any loud noise so shes not much for Mule rides.

N

Nicahawk

Thanks for the nice comment on my dog Tonka! Hes pretty close to my wife and I. Hes almost human like. Lots of people are down on his breed but they are an animal that needs proper supervision.....not a good dog for everyone. I got him from Ohio PBR a few years back and having rescued them for 25 years hes the best. I could count but I think hes about the tenth I've rescued. I have a female rescue also but shes afraid of any loud noise so shes not much for Mule rides.
Welcome mscott. This is a well ran place to be with a lot of knowledge in the members. I like that breed a lot, my step daughter has one and it's a really good and well behaved dog. We have 5 rescue dogs and two rescue cats. Only way to go if you love animals. Again, welcome and keep the pictures coming.