Mama Mia! Can you say *THREE* Cards???

Dougster

Old Member
Holy Cow!!! :eek: Can you say 3 Starbucks :starbucks: :starbucks: :starbucks: Coffee gift cards in the mail so far??? :eek2: How the heck many of them thar Rep Point thinghys must I have earned??? :king: I was just expecting to earn a gift certificate for one cup of Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee someday!!! :thumb: Not enough Starbucks Coffee to re-float the Queen Mary! :pat:

This time I owe my shaking hand gourmet caffeine thanks to Paul Christenson!!! Thank you Paul, Jay, Brian & Brandi!!!

This is getting out of control! :shock: I just figured out that with a little careful pacing, these three cards will get me all the way to April Fool's Day (the official end of SNOWPLOWING SEASON and start of DIGGING SEASON)! Mama Mia :mrgreen: !!!

Dougster :starbucks:

Attachments

• OhMyGodAgain.jpg
    OhMyGodAgain.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 249
Ya just never know what's going to be in the mail. Unless your The Dougster and then your mail is :starbucks: :starbucks: :starbucks: We all hope that the coffee helps keep you warm inside Doug. Now:letitsnow: :letitsnow: :letitsnow: so you can keep on plowing.

Dougster

Old Member
Ya just never know what's going to be in the mail. Unless your The Dougster and then your mail is :starbucks: :starbucks: :starbucks: We all hope that the coffee helps keep you warm inside Doug. Now:letitsnow: :letitsnow: :letitsnow: so you can keep on plowing.
This is the thickest my wallet has been in well over a year... thick not with money... but with all these Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee gift cards!!! :D

Now see what you have started Brian & Brandi??? :king: But now the question is... Where's it gonna end??? :shock: :mrgreen:

This is the thickest my wallet has been in well over a year... thick not with money... but with all these Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee gift cards!!! :D

Now see what you have started Brian & Brandi??? :king: But now the question is... Where's it gonna end??? :shock: :mrgreen:

For your sake hopefully never. :rolleyes: You just better hope nobody ever figures out your other staple of life. :yum:

Dougster

Old Member
For your sake hopefully never. :rolleyes: You just better hope nobody ever figures out your other staple of life. :yum:
My other staple of life??? :confused: Let me think here...

Peanut butter on firm bread sandwiches??? :confused:
Gruel??? :confused:
Rebuilt tools from the travelin' Cummins tool shows??? :confused:
Ketchup soup??? :confused:
Anything from the dollar menu at McDonald's??? :confused:
Used shoes from the Goodwill store??? :confused:

Did I forget anything???

Dougster

My other staple of life??? :confused: Let me think here...

Peanut butter on firm bread sandwiches??? :confused:
Gruel??? :confused:
Rebuilt tools from the travelin' Cummins tool shows??? :confused:
Ketchup soup??? :confused:
Anything from the dollar menu at McDonald's??? :confused:
Used shoes from the Goodwill store??? :confused:

Did I forget anything???

Dougster

Nope don't think so. You had better hope the places where that stuff comes from doesn't have gift cards. :pat:

Dougster

Old Member
Nope don't think so. You had better hope the places where that stuff comes from doesn't have gift cards. :pat:
There is a funny story to tell here... but for everyone's sake, I'm gonna keep it to myself!!! ;)

But back to your point... you simply don't understand the significance of the Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee and why it is so different. It isn't that it is one of my basic staples of life. Quite the opposite, really! Fact is that it is the ultimate treat for a poor, destitute, down-on-his-luck, old man like moi. :) That's what makes it so very special! :thumb:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Dougster. Now once you get that startbucks in you, unless it snows right then, I'd guess your post count on NTT will go through the roof with all that caffeine in your blood stream. :D
Enjoy Dougster! Photos of the event will get you rep points. :D

Dougster

Old Member
Congrats Dougster. Now once you get that startbucks in you, unless it snows right then, I'd guess your post count on NTT will go through the roof with all that caffeine in your blood stream. :D Enjoy Dougster! Photos of the event will get you rep points. :D
My post count is already embarrassingly high... and through most of my stay here I have been drinking tea only and eating my gruel. I do need to be careful with that magnificent Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee because of my high blood pressure. Even on my HBP pills, it is easy to let it get out of control. The trick is to get one medium or large cup and nurse it all day. This was my modis operandi back in those formerly-employed days. It stretches out the pleasure and I don't go crazy hyper or end up in the hospital! :)

Dougster

Old Member
Thats it........ i'm starting my own "Ductape Needs Coffee" thread !! :starbucks:
Hey Ductape - I've got some four year old hotel Maxwell House Filter packs.
Send me your address! :eek: :yum: :hide:
Trust me, this amazing shower of gifts was NOT at all by my design. It was never my intention to become a burden or charity case or anything similar... and I solemnly promise to someday see that all of the generosity of these wonderful folks is suitably returned. It may not be tomorrow or the next day... but I will not rest until somehow, someday I manage to return these tasty favors! :)

The same goes for my good friend (and occasional on-line arch-nemisis) the old Edster... who pays for dinner lately a lot more often than I do! :cool: Thanks Edster! :wave:

Dougster

The same goes for my good friend (and occasional on-line arch-nemisis) the old Edster... who pays for dinner lately a lot more often than I do! :cool: Thanks Edster! :wave:

Dougster

Your welcome. Hey no problem I don't mind, it's nice to not have to eat alone all the time.

Hey I found a way for you to make your gift cards go even further. I saw this today------------------------------------------------------------ Make that gift card go even further!!!!!

Dougster

Old Member
Your welcome. Hey no problem I don't mind, it's nice to not have to eat alone all the time.

Hey I found a way for you to make your gift cards go even further. I saw this today------------------------------------------------------------ Make that gift card go even further!!!!!
I know! :mrgreen: I saw it here too:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123...ree_refills;_ylt=Av_ntJaRUgWJHu5.tpLEUOus0NUE

God seems to be answering the poor, old Dougman's prayers a little more reliably lately!!! :thumb:

rback33

I know! :mrgreen: I saw it here too:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123...ree_refills;_ylt=Av_ntJaRUgWJHu5.tpLEUOus0NUE

God seems to be answering the poor, old Dougman's prayers a little more reliably lately!!! :thumb:

Crap! I am always too late! I saw the post yesterday, but did not bother to click the link and see what it was... I see it posted on MSN this morning about $1 coffee at starbucks and got here to tell Dougster as fast as I could... then realized the link was probably about the same thing. Drats! Foiled again.... Oh well... drink up!:starbucks:

Dougster

Old Member
Crap! I am always too late! I saw the post yesterday, but did not bother to click the link and see what it was... I see it posted on MSN this morning about $1 coffee at starbucks and got here to tell Dougster as fast as I could... then realized the link was probably about the same thing. Drats! Foiled again.... Oh well... drink up!:starbucks:
It's okay Jeremy! :) I was so happy about this news that I almost went out to buy a lottery ticket... but then I remembered that I didn't have a dollar. Just 14 cents and a button that had popped off my pants last week. :(

But I am going for another Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee this morning. :thumb:

I wish it wasn't so far. I need to combine the trip with other errands to make it worth the gasoline I burn. So far, I've made up 9 fake errands... but at some point I'll have to find some real ones. :rolleyes:

Dougster