FEL bucket add-ons

mobilus

Here's afew pix of what I've done so far with my bucket. I need to get some 3" angle to reinforce the whole upper lip, then weld these back on there, with a grapple.

As you can tell, the hitch mounted in the upright position makes moving equipment around a breeze.

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 82

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy moley! You really got that brush hog standing on it's nose. :eek:

Nice hitch. I use a clamp on one on the buckets lip. I need to upgrade to one like you have. Thanks for sharing.

N

Nicahawk

Here's afew pix of what I've done so far with my bucket. I need to get some 3" angle to reinforce the whole upper lip, then weld these back on there, with a grapple.

As you can tell, the hitch mounted in the upright position makes moving equipment around a breeze.

Wow! That makes it easy access to blade servicing,
icon14.gif
and your hitch gives you a lot of flexability for hooking up different "things". (Seems we always have a need to hook up a thing-y or two). :tiphat:

mobilus

When I lift the bush hog to sharpen the blades, I run a chain around the tailwheel assembly and secure to each side of the bucket. That way, if a weld breaks, the mower won't come crashing down on me.

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm thinking with the hitch where you have it, that it is easy to see the hitch from the seat so you can pick up trailers and what not without leaving your seat. Is that correct?
With my clamp on I have to stand and I still can't see all I need to see to line up with my trailers.

Mith

I like that idea for servicing blades!

I see you have a pipe bumper, is that to protect the steering when mowing?

mobilus

Doc, it makes it a lot easier, for sure. If the trailer tongue is really low to the ground, it can still be cause to stand up a little to get the hitch properly aligned. Or, you can shotgun it, and say, "Damn, that wasn't it", :pat: and try again.

I've got an idea I want to try when I scrounge up some 1 1/4 solid stock: weld a ball straight out from the receiver and just roll that ball, which would be even more visible without the drop (like in the drawbar I have). Of course, that might change the ability to haul equipment around like in the pictures.

Mith, how'd you know? That sudden stop killed the rest of the day's mowing.:pat: I still have that tie rod, and planned on straightening out:yum: ...but for now, it is just a remembrance of a day I paid a small STUPID TAX of $80.:hide:

I just had a minor surgery that has really put the brakes on most physical activity...I'm supposed to take it easy for ten days, but it is too pretty ouside today. I might just build something...something lightweight.

Oh guys, have y'all heard the Miller Lite commercial where they mimic the drug ads? :yum: :yum: :yum: Talking about men with GHT?