Parking stand for rake

mobilus

Howdy all!

I got tired of fighting with my rake when hitching it up, so I added a leg to hold the 3pt end off the ground. Works pretty good.

Ignore the crappy welding...I was in a hurry and it was CcccCccOLD!:sorry:

But the idea works. :tiphat:

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 19
N

Nicahawk

Howdy all!

I got tired of fighting with my rake when hitching it up, so I added a leg to hold the 3pt end off the ground. Works pretty good.

Ignore the crappy welding...I was in a hurry and it was CcccCccOLD!:sorry:

But the idea works. :tiphat:
That's a good idea and pretty quick to install.
icon14.gif
As long as a weld 'holds' it doesn't matter to the steel if it's pretty or not. I sometimes cover my "not so pretty" welding with paint-able caulking, smooth it out with my finger, and spray on a liberal coating of primer. :hide: If any one comments about my welding, I might even go as far to say "the dog bumped me a couple times" while I was doin' this, :hide2:
icon11.gif
and I didnt want to grind it down and start over. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Old Member
Howdy all! I got tired of fighting with my rake when hitching it up, so I added a leg to hold the 3pt end off the ground. Works pretty good. Ignore the crappy welding...I was in a hurry and it was CcccCccOLD!:sorry: But the idea works. :tiphat:
Next time you're up in the People's Republic of Taxachusetts... could you stop by and do one up for me? :mrgreen:

Dougster :starbucks:

mobilus

Of course, Dougster...as I remember, you have the welder already.:poke: :smartass:

You know, I have never been up there. I went to DC as a kid, and flew through Pittsburgh on the way overseas a time or tow, but I've never seen your part of the country. People would probably stare at me.

Dougster

Old Member
Of course, Dougster...as I remember, you have the welder already.:poke: :smartass:
And it hasn't even been abused & messed up yet! :thumb:
You know, I have never been up there. I went to DC as a kid, and flew through Pittsburgh on the way overseas a time or tow, but I've never seen your part of the country. People would probably stare at me.
Just leave that oversized cowboy hat and them snakeskin boots at home. Don't say nuthin'... and nobody will even know the difference! :yum:

Dougster :starbucks: