Hi I'm New

Hello, This is my 2nd post. I live in Central Texas on 50 acres of land. I am 44 years old and an avid gardener. I am wanting to take my land and extend my garden. I am looking into getting certified naturally grown soon. Not advertizing by the way, just telling you about myself. I grow cowpeas, beans, tomatoes, corn, squash, cucumbers, etc.

I haven't been on a tractor in many moons, but I am looking for a good used one. Actually, I have already found a couple. Anyway, it's good to meet everyone.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome HMK! What a member name. :yum:
I'm glad you found us. We have lots of tractor folks here who love to talk tractors. Tell us what used models you are looking at ....someone here might even have one like you are considering.
Enjoy and post often! :thumb:

jbrumberg

:wave: Welcome to NTT Hairy Moose Knuckles :tiphat: - Jay :letitsnow: .

There is a cast of 100's of "colorful/idiosyncratic :eek: " members :rolleyes: here, enjoy the ride :cool:.

Mark777

Welcome Harry MK.

Would love to see pictures of your garden and place way up there...

Depending on how big your garden will get should predict how much tractor you'll actually need. And btw, your budget, with a little patience, should make the right tractor pop up. A small but popular Yanmar and tiller can be had for around the money you're talking about. Regardless of how you go...I would try for a small, fuel stingy diesel engine if it's possible.

Good luck with your tractor search.

Mark

Howdy!

Love the gardenin' thing myself! Doctor has me on dietary restrictions that alow me to eat anything, so long as it's vegitable. (and not ALL of them are on my list:eek: I grow 1/2 to 1 full acre of sweet corn and can't have it any more....too much sugar) I can't wait 'till it's time to go crawl around in the dirt!

I'm a Ferguson/Massey Ferguson fanatic. That said, considering your budget, I'd start looking for a FarmAll Cub. They make great garden tractors.

Once garden season reaches us here in the Bluegrass State, I'll start posting pictures of my plot. Hope you'll join in and do the same.

HEY DOC!!!! How about a garden forum?

N

Nicahawk

Howdy!

Love the gardenin' thing myself! Doctor has me on dietary restrictions that alow me to eat anything, so long as it's vegitable. (and not ALL of them are on my list:eek: I grow 1/2 to 1 full acre of sweet corn and can't have it any more....too much sugar) I can't wait 'till it's time to go crawl around in the dirt!

I'm a Ferguson/Massey Ferguson fanatic. That said, considering your budget, I'd start looking for a FarmAll Cub. They make great garden tractors.

Once garden season reaches us here in the Bluegrass State, I'll start posting pictures of my plot. Hope you'll join in and do the same.

HEY DOC!!!! How about a garden forum?

Now that's a good idea...I'd strongly support that.:cool: :cool: DOC ??

PBinWA

Welcome "Hairy Moose Knuckles"! Nice name you picked! :thumb: I think I want to now change my name to "Long Gorilla Arms". I have cool nickname envy!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Aboard Harry!

Welcome "Hairy Moose Knuckles"! Nice name you picked! :thumb: I think I want to now change my name to "Long Gorilla Arms". I have cool nickname envy!

NO, you are PB, I'm not going to start calling you LGA :eek:

Archdean

Welcome Harry (HMK) and reference the Garden thing Doc, It works for me and highly recommend you add it to your site!

A few of mine from last year to get you guys into the MOOD!

Attachments

• Garden 6-6-07 002 (Small).jpg
    Garden 6-6-07 002 (Small).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Garden 6-6-07 003 (Small).jpg
    Garden 6-6-07 003 (Small).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Garden 6-6-07 004 (Small).jpg
    Garden 6-6-07 004 (Small).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Garden 6-6-07 005 (Small).jpg
    Garden 6-6-07 005 (Small).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Garden 6-6-07 006 (Small).jpg
    Garden 6-6-07 006 (Small).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 170

Erik

HMK - welcome!
with a name like that, you oughtta fit in right nicely. :tiphat:

Dean, is that Vinca growing in a tree stump?
what kind of tree was it to provide that color - or did you stain and seal it before adding potting soil?

Archdean

They are trailing vincas (about the only flower that tolerates the summer heat here) and bloom all the time, I use vincas almost exclusively now!!

Now the stump, was the base of an old Hickory tree that I had cut down for a neighbor but I cut it an inch or so too big to fit into my splitter so I got tired of moving the damn thing and since it had a natural crotch I plunked it down where you see it with my FEL and drilled a drain hole in the bottom so it wouldn't flood the flowers!

Color is just sun drenched old Hickory and will be there till someone else moves it no-doubt!:wink:

N

Nicahawk

Welcome Harry (HMK) and reference the Garden thing Doc, It works for me and highly recommend you add it to your site!

A few of mine from last year to get you guys into the MOOD!

Archdean, good looking garden pics. :respect: Love the stump planter.:cool:

Here's a couple pics of some of my garden harvest,:biggrin:, and a chicken and flower pic.

Attachments

• Sweet potatos.jpg
    Sweet potatos.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Chickens and flowers.jpg
    Chickens and flowers.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Ready for the freezer.jpg
    Ready for the freezer.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 166