What's been added to this bucket?

Dougster

Old Member
Okay... I am stumped here! What has been added to this backhoe's FEL bucket??? :confused:

Anyone recognize what it is or what it could be used for??? :confused:

Dougster :starbucks:

Attachments

• Terex TX860B.jpg
    Terex TX860B.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 116
N

Nicahawk

Okay... I am stumped here! What has been added to this backhoe's FEL bucket??? :confused:

Anyone recognize what it is or what it could be used for??? :confused:

Could that be some type of cattle chute or other animal (sheep)?? Wild guess.
icon5.gif
Looks like the top horizontal pieces are lower at the back side and have guards in place. They look beat up as if critters of some kind may have been loaded/unloaded from the upper deck of a cattle truck.Again, just a WASS guess. There may be additional parts not visible in the pic. Pieces in the middle look like "walkways" to be positioned to provide a walk way when all the support pieces are in place.

Last edited:

Dougster

Old Member
Could that be some type of cattle chute or other animal (sheep)?? Wild guess.
icon5.gif
Looks like the top horizontal pieces are lower at the back side and have guards in place. They look beat up as if critters of some kind may have been loaded/unloaded from the upper deck of a cattle truck.Again, just a WASS guess. There may be additional parts not visible in the pic. Pieces in the middle look like "walkways" to be positioned to provide a walk way when all the support pieces are in place.
It could be. This backhoe is obviously in use on a farm with animals as evidenced by the barn, fence and old horse trailer out back.

And yes... something appears to be missing as evidenced by the holes in the front of those two beefy front pivoting pieces. I also can't tell if those lighter rear pieces are only there to hold up the front pieces when not in use... or are integral to this thing's intended function... whatever that might be.

It looks to me like some manufactured/store-bought device as opposed to something home-made. I just can't figure out what it is there for! :confused:

N

Nicahawk

It could be. This backhoe is obviously in use on a farm with animals as evidenced by the barn, fence and old horse trailer out back.

And yes... something appears to be missing as evidenced by the holes in the front of those two beefy front pivoting pieces. I also can't tell if those lighter rear pieces are only there to hold up the front pieces when not in use... or are integral to this thing's intended function... whatever that might be.

It looks to me like some manufactured/store-bought device as opposed to something home-made. I just can't figure out what it is there for! :confused:

I'm just guessing, I'm sure someone will know the real answer.

quincy

Its a pair of pallet forks!!! The forks pivot on a hinge up on the bracket mounted on top of the FEL and when they swing down clockwise, they are in the standard fork position... out front

Heres a photo of a JCB pallet fork taken from different angle, makes a bit more sense...

JCBpalletforks.jpg

Dougster

Old Member
Its a pair of pallet forks!!! The forks pivot on a hinge up on the bracket mounted on top of the FEL and when they swing down clockwise, they are in the standard fork position... out front
Oh for goodness sake!!! :rolleyes: you are absolutely right!!! :wave: Thanks Quincy!!! :thumb:

Sometimes the obvious is so clear you can't even see it. :pat:

I'm embarrassed!!! :eek:

N

Nicahawk

Heres a photo of a JCB pallet fork taken from different angle, makes a bit more sense...

JCBpalletforks.jpg

Good call quincy
icon14.gif