silly question about Starbucks

Erik

a certain member of the forum keeps getting s-bucks cards mailed to him out of the blue.
this same member is often heard lamenting about his diet of gruel due to a lack of snow deep enough for him to be willing to get his toys dirty. (as opposed to the evil competition who will charge people to plow up a 2" fall) :pat:
S-bucks sells "food" other than gruel.
so what's he doing with the cards?
burying them in the backyard waiting for 2/27 when all the baristas have been freshly trained on the proper way to pour coffee?
:starbucks: :respect:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think he's secretly planning to open a Dougbucks. He'll take over some of the abandoned Starbucks. :thumb:

Erik

that makes sense!
then he can shovel all the snow into the competition's driveway and everyone will have to come drink his coffee!:tiphat:

I was afraid that he maybe had a nasty gruel addiction or fetish and someone might need to stage an intervention - you know, maybe reintroduce him to the joys of food you have to chew...
:poke: :hide:

Dougster

Old Member
a certain member of the forum keeps getting s-bucks cards mailed to him out of the blue. this same member is often heard lamenting about his diet of gruel due to a lack of snow deep enough for him to be willing to get his toys dirty. (as opposed to the evil competition who will charge people to plow up a 2" fall) :pat: S-bucks sells "food" other than gruel. so what's he doing with the cards? burying them in the backyard waiting for 2/27 when all the baristas have been freshly trained on the proper way to pour coffee?
I think he's secretly planning to open a Dougbucks. He'll take over some of the abandoned Starbucks. :thumb:
that makes sense! then he can shovel all the snow into the competition's driveway and everyone will have to come drink his coffee!:tiphat: I was afraid that he maybe had a nasty gruel addiction or fetish and someone might need to stage an intervention - you know, maybe reintroduce him to the joys of food you have to chew... :poke: :hide:
Ouch!!! :eek: Yet another series of vicious unprovoked attacks on the wisdom, judgement and sanity of NTT's one and only OLD MEMBER. :rolleyes: Fact is that I did grab a chicken salad sandwich with my Starbucks :starbucks: on two separate occasions when I couldn't take the gruel even one more minute. The "food" selection at my local Starbucks :starbucks: is extremely limited and those chicken salad sandwiches are the only thing edible in terms of substantive, non-snack food. But I felt very guilty about using my limited coffee funds to buy food. I don't think that was ever the intent of the wonderful folks who sent those gift cards to me and besides... each sandwich represents about 2 glorious Starbucks coffees that I will never experience!!! :(

That horrible thought alone was enough to send me back to my hideous gruel. :rolleyes:

Dougster :starbucks:

Erik

heh.
I KNEW he had to surface sometime if we talked about Starbucks!
:letitsnow:
and I'd feel guilty about eating their chicken salad as well -- but that's mostly because its, well, chicken salad and me and mayo don't get along well... :puke1: