new guy again!

firejake

:tiphat: Greetings everyone! It has been a while since I have written. I usually read while at work occassionaly but haven' been able to write:sorry: .A good snowy Saturday afternoon with a :starbucks: here in northern New Hampshire. Sick of the snow, over 100 inches so far this season. Good seat time though! I am attempting to attach some pictures of my 1528 MF I purchased last March. Been a great machine so far! Gear drive with FEL and loaded R4 tires. I have enjoyed reading everyone's post and enjoy the puns especially toward the western Mass :starbucks: drinker who shall go nameless. :yum: I read most of the tractor sites and by far this is the best. I have a question, when I do my trans fluid change and bleed the new stuff off does it include the FEL when I bleed using the recommended procedure from my manual? Thanks in advance!:wink: Here are my pics I hope.I will keep in touch. Dennis[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• DSCN0757.jpg
    DSCN0757.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCN0758.jpg
    DSCN0758.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN0759.jpg
    DSCN0759.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCN0760.jpg
    DSCN0760.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCN0761.jpg
    DSCN0761.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCN0764.JPG
    DSCN0764.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 398

quincy

Welcome Dennis... Brrrr, I'm getting cold just lookin at all that white stuff on the ground behind you!
Nice looking massey you got there..

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Dennis! :tiphat:

That's a nice looking rig.

We love to see pictures, and you are off to a great start!

I'll leave a definitive answer for your fluid change question to anyone who knows more than I do, but it is my impression that the ordinary drain is sufficient, regardless of an attached FEL. At least that's how I do it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Dennis,
Glad you joined up and posted. Good pics.
My understanding is the same as CA's. But I'll differ to someone who knows Massey's.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

firejake

I think I lost some of my post! Thanks California, that's what I thought. Quincy, my daughter inlaw is from County Offlay, any where near you? The rest was for Jim and Doc, Thanks! Dennis

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Dennis, just so you know, on all posts you make you have 60 minutes to edit them, just in case you forget something or notice a mistake ...or if half of the post disappears.
No problem with your followup, that works also, but I figued you would want to know about the edit possibilities. :thumb: :D

jbrumberg

firejake:

:wave: Welcome to NTT :tiphat: :

There are a lot of "interesting", but friendly members here :respect: . I am also from the MA/NE membership and I do love the fuu-fuu :starbucks:, but I brew my own. I have not had quite as much snow as you (~84"), but after awhile it becomes relative. I am starting to run out of room as to where I am going to put the snow (without more seat time :thumb:). Nice looking rig :). Jay :letitsnow:

Attachments

• DSC00128 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00128 (Medium).JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 233

Powerking56

Very nice looking MF!! I agree, we have run out of places to put snow
in my yard in S.W. New Hampshire. 6" more inches Friday night and yesterday am. My blower wont throw it high enough to get it up on the bank and I can barely do it with a shovel!!:pat: It needs to do some serious melting here.:eek: I'm ready for the sap to run!!
Peter

firejake

Yeah! Just shoveled my roof, 3 feet on a house 40 x 24 gambrel with full shed dorm in the back. Snow banks over my head. Been a long time since we had a winter like this. Thanks for the welcome! Dennis

bdoss

Welcome FireJake!

I feel for ya with the white stuff-- Saw a snow flake here in Central East Texas once-

IT SKEERRD ME! :hide2:

Seriously-- Welcome. I'm a newbe on the board myself and have found wealth of information and the friendliest folks on the web..

Bindian

:tiphat: Greetings everyone! It has been a while since I have written. I usually read while at work occassionaly but haven' been able to write:sorry: .A good snowy Saturday afternoon with a :starbucks: here in northern New Hampshire. Sick of the snow, over 100 inches so far this season. Good seat time though! I am attempting to attach some pictures of my 1528 MF I purchased last March. Been a great machine so far! Gear drive with FEL and loaded R4 tires. I have enjoyed reading everyone's post and enjoy the puns especially toward the western Mass :starbucks: drinker who shall go nameless. :yum: I read most of the tractor sites and by far this is the best. I have a question, when I do my trans fluid change and bleed the new stuff off does it include the FEL when I bleed using the recommended procedure from my manual? Thanks in advance!:wink: Here are my pics I hope.I will keep in touch. Dennis[/ATTACH]
Dennis,:wave:
Nice RED snowscoop you have there!:cool: I always loved MFs. That is,... before Mahindra came along. I can't answer your question. But I will try to remember to ask my Mahindra/MF dealer's salesman. Yes, they sale REDand RED.:yum: I might see him tomorrow.
Do you have anything on back when you are moving the white stuff?
hugs, Brandi

Mark777

Sorry I'm sooooooo late with this, but WELCOME Dennis!

Like your rig and the pictures aren't too shabby either :D.

Mark

Yeah! Just shoveled my roof, 3 feet on a house 40 x 24 gambrel with full shed dorm in the back. Snow banks over my head. Been a long time since we had a winter like this. Thanks for the welcome! Dennis

BE CAREFUL WHEN ON THE ROOF...over on the TBN...Robert FELL OFF his roof and got dinged!!!

Oh yeah...Welcome to the Zoo...:D

firejake

Bindian::wave:
Thanks, I haven't had to add any weight to the rear yet, my tires are weighted and seem to do the trick. If the snow gets heavy I have to scoop more often though. Paul, thanks for the concern, it is always risky on a roof, at least the snow banks are high enough to break a fall I hope.:rolleyes: Dennis

firejake

bdoss and mark::wave: Thanks for the welcome. bdoss, I don't know what is worse hot humid or a lot of snow? Less shoveling in hot humid. Sick of the snow now. I will update my pictures soon to show the difference. Dennis

bdoss

FireJake wote:
I don't know what is worse hot humid or a lot of snow?

answer--- You don't shovel HOT HUMID ! :yum:
then again-- you don't have to mow your yard 12 months a year.....
Our 'snow' is hard - golfball sized- and does a LOT of damage! :pat:.

I've been to your part of the country (back when Digital Equipment was still around -- Man I'm old!) - BEAUTIFUL part of America... I've been a Texan all my life and was amazed to see snow in the White Mountains in JUNE--

Was 80 degress here yesterday- will be 29 degress tonight and the S-word is predicted. Won't have to worry about shoveling-- It'll be gone by 10 AM...:wink: