new old guy

J

jigbuilder

howdy folks
retired a couple of years ago and enjoying retirement. Been pulling/stacking brush from our big ice storm here in northeaster Ok from just before xmas with my FT60/fel but sure wish my grandsons were closer to help out. Climbing down to hook up/un hook is wearing thise old man out. I kinda wish I had this 40 acres back when I was a tad younger. Any volunteers ??
A oldtimer in the area says part of my 40 acres was a watermelon patch back in the '20/'30s so I think this spring I may start a 12-15 acre patch in this semi sandy soil.
Lookin' forward to picking up more/best/better info on these toys (as my wife calls them). Later ...........JIM

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome aboard, Jim!

Isn't retirement great? I'm finally getting to play with all the toys I waited to have time for - tractor, welder, etc.

It sounds like you are having a good time there. Do you have any pictures you could post?

Again, welcome! :tiphat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Jim, welcome to NTT. I'm glad you found us. :D
Make yourself at home here, enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum Jim.

Glad you found us.

Jim

bdoss

Welcome, JigBuilder. You've found a great community.. Hope you get as much enjoyment in it as I have!

N

Nicahawk

Welcome Jim. Like you I'm enjoying retirement. I think I work harder now, but I'm having more fum. Your up the road neighbor, Jim/nica.

J

jigbuilder

WELCOME Jim!

What's a FT60? I'd like to see pictures of your place and tractor stuff too.

Mark
FT60 is a 50 hp Farmtrac. Mine is a '01 model I bought used three years ago. Farmtrac was the Long tractor till a few years back. Farmtrac looks like the Ford tractors as I heard FT folks bought the old Ford tooling and plants.
Thanks guys for the welcome. Pictures. Holy cow, I do well to one finger the key board.
JIM

Erik

Jim, welcome!and I understand the typing thing completely!I'll look forward to your garden stories in a few months.

Bindian

howdy folks
retired a couple of years ago and enjoying retirement. Been pulling/stacking brush from our big ice storm here in northeaster Ok from just before xmas with my FT60/fel but sure wish my grandsons were closer to help out. Climbing down to hook up/un hook is wearing thise old man out. I kinda wish I had this 40 acres back when I was a tad younger. Any volunteers ??
A oldtimer in the area says part of my 40 acres was a watermelon patch back in the '20/'30s so I think this spring I may start a 12-15 acre patch in this semi sandy soil.
Lookin' forward to picking up more/best/better info on these toys (as my wife calls them). Later ...........JIM
Jigbuilder,:wave:
Welcome to NTT. I had a feeling about your user name.:wink: I was thinking you built helicopter rebuild jigs and fixtures.:pat: Then I read your profile. Did you work in Kansas, California, or Seattle? So how do you like your Foton Europard FT 60? Is that the correct name?
hugs, Brandi

J

jigbuilder

Jigbuilder,:wave:
Welcome to NTT. I had a feeling about your user name.:wink: I was thinking you built helicopter rebuild jigs and fixtures.:pat: Then I read your profile. Did you work in Kansas, California, or Seattle? So how do you like your Foton Europard FT 60? Is that the correct name?
hugs, Brandi

Farmtrac60 = 50 hp tractor which the corporation is currently going out of business in the USA. Its actually the Ford tractor line that is in India. USA headquarters are in North Carolina where they do make their implement line up but plants are shut down.
Aircraft jig builder/toolmaker soft and hard from plaster/plastic master gages to all types of assembly tooling for McDonnell Douglas and North American Rockwell in Tulsa, OK for 40 years. They to are both out of business as Boeing bought out both for their space and military projects (governmant contracts).
Thaks again all for the welcome.
JIM

Bindian

Farmtrac60 = 50 hp tractor which the corporation is currently going out of business in the USA. Its actually the Ford tractor line that is in India. USA headquarters are in North Carolina where they do make their implement line up but plants are shut down.
Aircraft jig builder/toolmaker soft and hard from plaster/plastic master gages to all types of assembly tooling for McDonnell Douglas and North American Rockwell in Tulsa, OK for 40 years. They to are both out of business as Boeing bought out both for their space and military projects (governmant contracts).
Thaks again all for the welcome.
JIM
Jigbuilder,
Wow, Google just took me to the Futon. It didn't even bring up Farmtrac. I have a (or had) a Farmtrac dealer about 3 miles from me. Yes, they are the old Ford line, as they were almost like my Ford 3055.
hugs, Brandi