Storm in W. Europe...

quincy

Hey Mith,

I hope your hatches are battened down over there... We got hammered lastnight with severe gusts and flooding from this storm. I had a lot of trees down and anything that was not tied down in my garden got blown away. Furniture and pot plants etc.... We had a calm period this morning as the eye passed over but were getting round two of the storm now. Its a repeat of last night with power outtages and screaming winds blowing the rain sideways... Round 2 is coming your way... Just rang my wife and the power is out at home and she cant get the generator going. ... Looking forward to this darn storm being over... :sad:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
hmmmm I wonder if that is part of the noreaster storm front that ripped through Ohio Friday night and early Saturday? It had quite a knock out punch. More snow fell on Columbus in that 24 hour period than ever before. 20 inches in 24 hours. I only got freezing rain and then 4 inches of snow, so it wasn't near as bad at my place.

Good luck to you and Mith getting through the storm Quincy. Keep us posted how it goes.

bdoss

Wow! Makes me feel kinda small not going to work when it went tru Texas and dropped less than a quarter inch on my place... Hope your family's and place is Ok.. You're in our prayers. Stay safe and as warm as possible...

quincy

Its passed now, finished up around 3am. Beautiful blue skies this morning... Still no electricity in the neighbourhood but the gen set kept us going at home. We had a few neighbours around lastnight so it was good to catch up.

This morning I got to have a look around and surprisingly I dont have too much damage. A few ridge tiles gone off my slate roof and the leg of our garden table is broken after it blew 200 yds down the lawn. Maybe a dozen trees either down or with broken limbs... apart from that, the rest of the damage is minor, broken plant pots and stuff scattered around...

My neighbours' kids 14ft trampoline is twisted & mangled in the middle of the field next door so they'll be pissed off when they find that this morning...

My other neighbours hay barn didnt do so good, a lot of corrugated sheets gone off the side of the building.

I expected my damage to be a lot worse, thank god it wasn't...

Watching the news this morning, it looks like the UK is getting belted pretty hard too.

Mith

Q, wasnt nearly as bad here as you got it.

Had a few trees down locally, none in our garden. Heck of alot of rain though. I got the tractor out to go fetch all the pallets that had got blown around and got the tractor absolutely mired, the ground is absolutely saturated.

Wind was loud enough to keep me awake over night, that and hearing all the stuff bowing around outside.

The wind and rain is just kicking off again. Found a nice picture for you guys.

_44480837_lyme_203300getty.jpg