Leaking windshield on 1100

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Yes,
Remove acorn nuts at upper hinge area one side at time and remove rubber gasket.
Put a thin smear of clear silicone on the hinge rubber gasket's and reassemble - slightly tighten the acorn nut's on assembly - wait 24 hrs and retighten.

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That should be covered under warranty on your new machine. I would ask... It could be a problem later down the road.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Some people have a long travel to the dealer for such an easy fix.
I edited the repair for more basic direction.
The wife goes through the automatic car wash and we have zero intrusion.

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yes it should be a super easy fix.. As long as it isn't a piece of deformed rubber weather stripping around the window possibly needing replacement. It is good to have a record of a phone call in such an instance- should a problem with it appear down the road..

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
What is a windshield?? That thing that shatters before the branch smacks you in the face?:yum:

Praetorian

I called my dealer this morning to at least make them aware. It leaked one other time and in opened the windshield and checked the gasket and all seemed to be perfect, no kinks or other issues so I cleaned the channel that's up top (very minor dust/dirt) and closed windshield back up and it was fine. That is until yesterday when I got back in it after it had been sitting outside in a slow rain all day and noticed water on the dash. This time in a different spot from the first time. And it is a bit of a drive to my dealer so if possible at all I'd like to correct it myself but if it needs any replacing I'll load it up and make the drive. Thanks for the tip on the silicon.....

Praetorian

Well the new seal is in and I pick it up today. But, while at the dealer we noticed some strange wear patterns on the tires and now it's looking like the rear suspension tube and bearing will be replaced and the front end aligned and all new tires put on. Glad the dealer is doing what it takes but it's getting old taking it the 70 mile round trip multiple times!!!!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Well the new seal is in and I pick it up today. But, while at the dealer we noticed some strange wear patterns on the tires and now it's looking like the rear suspension tube and bearing will be replaced and the front end aligned and all new tires put on. Glad the dealer is doing what it takes but it's getting old taking it the 70 mile round trip multiple times!!!!

THAT IS WHAT I CALL SERVICE >>>>
THIS IS GREAT NEWS !!!!!

......... two guns:harley:

Praetorian

All new tires! They're a different brand and the edges are a little more rounded off but looks to be the same tread pattern. Also a new rear suspension torsion bar and so new bearings! I have to say my dealer went above and beyond on this deal because they could only turn in one tire under warranty but replaced all 4 so they match!

image-4108834397.jpg

Attachments

• image-3933014269.jpg
    image-3933014269.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3338117501.jpg
    image-3338117501.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 88

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They do look nice. :thumb: Sounds like you've got a great dealer, he's really taking care of you. Awesome!!!!!!!!

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Where is this dealer and the name of who is helping you so much........PLEASE....Golly, it would be worth driving a LOT of miles to get service like that........Perhaps a bit of info about you in your profile???........THANKS........God bless....Dennis

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Muleman, a windshield is that glass thingy that helps to keep the cool air in during the hot summer days and the warm air in during the cold winter days. lol, i'm just messin with you. These old bones surely appreciate the climate controlled temps inside the rtv 1100 cab. The AC/Heat controls work really well. With such a small cab area, it doesn't take long to make it really comfortable, no matter the season. Actually, the heater can roast you even on the coldest days. yes, it can inconvenient to open and close the doors and the 1100 isn't everyones cup of tea. Guess thats why Kubota has different models huh?