Peanut's Stick Stoppers

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Finally got around to posting a picture of mine.

Thanks Peanut!

Attachments

• tn_stick stoppers 002.JPG
    tn_stick stoppers 002.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 377

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like you need Tommy to make you some grill stoppers. Looks like a nice hole in your grill. :(

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Looks like you need Tommy to make you some grill stoppers. Looks like a nice hole in your grill. :(
Yeah, sucks for sure. But you have to remember, this RTV is a work horse, I'm actually surprised it isn't worse.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yea, but you don't want to poke an eye out of a work horse. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you poke out one of their eyes, don't they then only go around in circles?

Here's something I was tinkering with for the headlights but I never did get them welded in. If you have a bunch of sticks, it may be worth considering to try to save the lights the big stuff.

Edit to add: Oh, and to stay on subject, you can see Tommy's stick stoppers in the first pic. And TWO GUNS - I still think I got the first pair. ;)

Attachments

• CIMG4997.jpg
    CIMG4997.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 366
  • CIMG4998.jpg
    CIMG4998.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 364

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Yea, but you don't want to poke an eye out of a work horse. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you poke out one of their eyes, don't they then only go around in circles?
Yes, I believe that's true. But technically, the damage to mine wasn't an eye, it's more of a nostril...

As for yours, I didn't catch on to what you were referencing until just now. Not sure what you cut that out of but it's so well done it looks like part of the RTV. Very nice! What did you do to get your RTV lifted like that? Certainly that's not all from the rims/tires?

Pnkspeters

Thought you might enjoy how I lifted my 900 to install Peanut's awesome stick stoppers!

Attachments

• image-3416122130.jpg
    image-3416122130.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 342

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ohhhh Kaaayyy. :eek:

Did it take longer to lift the RTV or install the stoppers? IIRC they only take a minute to install.

Pnkspeters

Ohhhh Kaaayyy. :eek:

Did it take longer to lift the RTV or install the stoppers? IIRC they only take a minute to install.

I had another helper! :) With the old prowler I had I could find the balance point and lift it with one fork. For some reason it seemed more stable with two.

tlk

just received Peanuts stick stoppers - any trick to putting them on? I haven't been home yet to look underneath my buggy - just curious how hard it is to put them on?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's about a 3-5 hour process. Just kidding, it takes about 3-5 minutes. Don't have time to page through this thread right now looking for pics, but it should be self explanatory.

Heatwave

Just a suggestion: jack up a front wheel and remove it ... put a jackstand under the axle ... makes it a piece of cake to bolt-on the stick stoppers. Lay the pieces atop the axle ... turn them around a coupla times until you visualize how they bolt on. You'll see how straightforward and simple it is. Peanut provides you with top quality parts.

tlk

It's about a 3-5 hour process. Just kidding, it takes about 3-5 minutes. Don't have time to page through this thread right now looking for pics, but it should be self explanatory.

Well they are on and look great - thanks Peanut - not sure about the 3-5 minutes installation though - taking the tires off helped alot - thanks for all the advice

tlk

Peanut - sounds like you are maybe too busy for this but just a suggestion. If you wanted to really produce alot of these stick guards think about fabricating some for the Polaris Rangers. I owned three of them before I figured out the Kubota fits my needs better. But Polaris has a huge issue with their boots - I had to replace mine multiple times at high cost - even had to force Polaris to pay for 6 CV joints the last time it happened.

They sell their own brush guards but they are designed poorly and if you ever go through mud they actually accumulate the mud inside the guards - then when it dries it tears the boots.

Anyway just a thought - if you ever wanted to produce alot of these then give it a try - thanks again - I like the ones you made

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Can't make these for a living because the only way to make money at it would be to mass produce them and I'm not set up to do that.I have a small shop that can realy only handle one jobat a time.I do the stickstoppers just to do them.things might get better now because I was offered a shop foremans job so now it looks like its gonna be 40hours a week and weekends off.I still am going to do the lift boats repairs an also the hydraulic crane repair work on the side too but that is a as needed thing there so I might have some weekends off.I also still do well plug and abandement jobs too because I make some good money on those thier a bit on the feadly side but really good money.plus the ocassional atv bumper jobs.still putting away material for my bigger shop and after I get that done then I can really turn out some stuff. As for as the boots acumilating mud I hhaven't seen a set out there that won't keep mud out.an your right about the drued mud ripping a boot that's why its important to rinse off your equipment after riding in mud.also spray all you hoses an boots with armor all to keep the rubber nice an soft. I have found that its easier to wash everything down an as much of theboot area as you can then let what mud yoy csnt get off dry.then after its dried you can get it out a lot easier with your hand an a air compressor blow gun.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Peanut - sounds like you are maybe too busy for this but just a suggestion. If you wanted to really produce alot of these stick guards think about fabricating some for the Polaris Rangers. I owned three of them before I figured out the Kubota fits my needs better. But Polaris has a huge issue with their boots - I had to replace mine multiple times at high cost - even had to force Polaris to pay for 6 CV joints the last time it happened.

They sell their own brush guards but they are designed poorly and if you ever go through mud they actually accumulate the mud inside the guards - then when it dries it tears the boots.

Anyway just a thought - if you ever wanted to produce alot of these then give it a try - thanks again - I like the ones you made

if you have something you need made to last just mail me the crappy old oem part and i'll make you one that will outlast the rtv or any other rtv/atv. I make things that last I go from experience in offroading and I listen to what people want not what I think they should have .

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Yea the stickstoppers won't fit the new dual a arm design.when I get some time I'll tackle it an try to get some made.been living at Port fouchon for 3 weeks now doin some work on a drill ship.really nice ship it's called through fugro synergy .