2016 RTV X1100C or Honda Pioneer 1000?

Art454

Got to look at the new pto setup at my dealer a couple weeks ago. But holly cow $7,000 + with V plow, plus the install. I really don't want all of that framework hanging under there all the time either. They are talking about a lot of snow this year, at lease for around here, and I'm thinking about getting a Boss V plow.

Why would you want the PTO anyway if you just want a blade?
PTO is for snowthrower and such?

Art454

yes i was looking ar my winter weather outlook for my are and they say to expect 166% of normal snowfall this winter. that means i should get a wopping 14 inches. for the year

LMAO....14 INCHES?...2 years ago we got 82 or 86 inches around Toledo,Ohio.
We just had four inches Saturday....way to early for me.

Art454

I just priced a new RTV like my 2009 without snow blade and it came out at 22,795 without the Blizzard Blade which was 4,500 in 2009. And I can't even sell mine with 180 hours on it for 15,000.
What you guys paying for a new one with a blade and tax out the door?
I would think 23,000 out the door would be pretty good deal if you could get them to come this low.
This summer I built a bracket that bolts to front of blade to hold my 28 hand snowthrower just in case I need to move a pile incase I run out of room for the snow. Lifts it but easy but the front end does go down a little bit more. Only gonna use it if I have to. Takes about a hour to put it on and another to take it off. But you will stay warm and no snow blowing all over me.
Really could have used it 2 years ago when we got that 86 inches of snow. Had to get out the BX23 tlb which was a pain and way to cold for me. Had to keep coming in the garage with tractor to warm me up. Little bucket on the BX takes some time but it did do the job.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Art, I don't know what an 1100 would cost here but that price you mentioned has left me completely out of the figuring. I hope to keep my 2011 RTV 900 several more years or at least till I can afford something superior. . I know in your area that the cabs are a about a necessity though.

Art454

Art, I don't know what an 1100 would cost here but that price you mentioned has left me completely out of the figuring. I hope to keep my 2011 RTV 900 several more years or at least till I can afford something superior. . I know in your area that the cabs are a about a necessity though.

Thanks Collie....I just did the build on the Kubota site when I priced it...but they seem to go up 1,000 every year.
Looks like I'll keep mine till I die or it does......lol
Really wanted the B2650....but at 34,000 just to much at my age of 63.
The cab on the doors is all glass no frame for the glass to sit in.
Just a door is 900.00 if you break it.
Even trading in the 1100 and my BX2350 still be 10,000 in the hole.
My as well keep what I got....not gonna take a hit like that.

Kanook

Two years (or was it 3 ?) ago we got 157 inches. Last year I traded my B1700 and F3060 equipped with heated cabs in on a B2650 with cab. Still cost me a chunk of change but I sure am comfy in my bubble cabbed tractor while out clearing driveways (16 last yr). The 2004 RTV900 with its Blizzard brand plow with my son in the cockpit runs wingman when things get busy. The cab on the 900 is not on the same level of sophistication as the new 1100's but it does keep the operator warm enough so that the blade lift and angle can be controlled without wearing gloves/mitts (40ish when it's say 10f outside). I stopped by my dealer picking up maintenance stuff and while there enquired about the 1100 with PTO snow blower. Was told it is currently not available in Canada as the Canadian Kubota Co is requesting additional testing to ensure it meets some of the severe conditions that can exist in some areas up here. He felt that Jan 2016 should be available. He also said an 1100 equipped with the pto and blower would be selling in the low 30's.....OUCH!

Think my RTV900 will be keeping the 2650 company out in the 'barn' for quite some time.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I think the real bargain is a used low hour 1100. they can be purchased for under 11000 dollars and in some ways i like better than the X1100. i think maybe the new model is driving the price of the older design down a little just because of a few refinements.

I just priced a new RTV like my 2009 without snow blade and it came out at 22,795 without the Blizzard Blade which was 4,500 in 2009. And I can't even sell mine with 180 hours on it for 15,000.
What you guys paying for a new one with a blade and tax out the door?
I would think 23,000 out the door would be pretty good deal if you could get them to come this low.
This summer I built a bracket that bolts to front of blade to hold my 28 hand snowthrower just in case I need to move a pile incase I run out of room for the snow. Lifts it but easy but the front end does go down a little bit more. Only gonna use it if I have to. Takes about a hour to put it on and another to take it off. But you will stay warm and no snow blowing all over me.
Really could have used it 2 years ago when we got that 86 inches of snow. Had to get out the BX23 tlb which was a pain and way to cold for me. Had to keep coming in the garage with tractor to warm me up. Little bucket on the BX takes some time but it did do the job.

Nevadablue

I guess it is all about what you want and need. My lady and I love the cab and doors and refinements of the x1100. To us, it is just a little pickup truck. At this point, I can't imagine buying any other rig... for us.

ovrszd

I guess it is all about what you want and need. My lady and I love the cab and doors and refinements of the x1100. To us, it is just a little pickup truck. At this point, I can't imagine buying any other rig... for us.

Yep. I figured that out several years ago in regards to website discussions. The needs and uses of equipment varies so much. That is very evident in regards to equipment modifications. I never take offense at negative comments or lack of comments to anything I do to my rig. I don't expect it to be importamt to everyone. I share to encourage discussion and new ideas. :)

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I never gave the Honda a fair shot. I did ask my buddy this very same question and he said the Honda was tight and hard to get in and out of for a big guy but admittedly I never sat in one. The determining factors for me were #1 the hydraulic dump, #2 diesel, everything else around here runs on it so its handy, #3 the cabin is already sealed, heated, radio, AC, all the creature comforts with no retro fitting. The only lure of the Honda for me was the speed, if you have turn signals, seat belts, tags, insurance, you can run them down the road here so..... that would be pretty cool

I wouldn't purchase the Honda Pioneer 1000 right now. 2016 was the first year of the new model and reports on the Pioneer Forum is they have been having a lot of clutch issues with Honda still working to find a solution to the problem.

Kanook

I sure like that fwd/rev pedal on the polaris/bobcat...Why can't kubota offer it on the RTV? My 04 900 shifts as slick as warm butter now that it is well worn in but still is plagued by not having the brake pedal pressure relief that more recent models have. When snow plowing where frequent forward reverse direction changes are required sure becomes tedious shifting that lever. Took an 1100 for a spin at the dealer the other day and I am a Kubota bigot but......I think I'll check out the offerings of the polaris/bobcat.