No Question....The Angels are HERE

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Surely NOT a bible thumper on here or, actually, anywhere. Just an old guy who KNOWS the power of God and how I AM BLESSED by HIM..............Anyway.......

At this moment I am sitting in my Airstream (87) at the Army Recreation Center, Destin, Florida. We make it down here every few years to fish, snorkle, and this time take granddaughter PRINCESS to the beach. So.........I pull the Airstream with an 03 F250, V10, that has been totally reliable for 63K......I got off the interstate to get on the state hiway to finish up the last 40 miles to Destin. At the bottom of the ramp was two cars that had passed me a mile or so earlier that were zooming hard and cut right back in WaYyy CLOSE as they finished the pass.........I then saw at the stop sign that the cars were teenagers from Atlanta that were traveling together down to the beaches obviously.......First car takes forever to pull out onto the 4 lane state highway and make a left to go south.......The second car pulls across to the median, misses 2 openings in traffic to make the left and proceed south......FINALLY she begins to move with a HUGE opening, so I look to my left and as I am doing that begin to pull across and to the median to make my left turn...........

My wife SHOUTS........WATCH OUT.....I look back and the idiot has stopped while making the turn in front of me.........Meanwhile I have momentum and SLAM on the brakes as hard as I can.......did I mention is was raining????..........ABS kicks in and I stop perhaps 3 inches from the totally idiot driver still sitting there with me trapped still across the first lane............OK..........they move and my blood pressure and adrenalin slow as I make the left and get moving.........LUCKY .....NO....BLESSEd as HIS Angel reached down to help me stop in time.........
While I was actually pushing the brake pedal as hard as humanly possible, I felt the pedal give just a bit and almost go to the floor............UH OHHHHH...........now as I am driving I try the brakes and NOTHING................OHHHHHHH SHUCKS.......... I can gear down using the transmission a bit, have the parking/emergency brake, and the trailer brakes if I have perhaps a 1/4 mile stopping distance...................

So.....It's 30 miles to the campground with the last 10 miles of beach traffic, shoppers, and traffic lights...........NOT gonna go into all the trauma but with HIS HELP.........MANY.....MANY TIMES....we pulled into our spot............

Turns out it was a metal brake line directly under the driver seat that was rubbing against an insulated spot on the fuel line.....At that spot, rust had developed and when I put all that pressure on the system, it blew a hole and all the fluid/pressure was released.

Sitting here now waiting for the Ford dealer to call me and advise that it is ready. I towed it over there first thing this AM...........so.........anyway......

Just wanted to share about how ONCE again, HE has blessed me with HIS helping hands...............THANKS SOOOOOOOOOO much GOD.........amen

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great story Dennis and I'm really glad to hear you're all OK.

Had something similar happen about 2 weeks ago. One of Mrs. Zoom's cars was out of commission (ironically for frozen brakes). Loaded it up on the trailer and headed out the driveway with the trailer in tow. Blew a brake line on the truck in the driveway. That could have been really bad had it blew out when I had close to 7K# in tow in the hills where I live.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Amen Brother.....Life and God are sooooooooo good......That's exactly my thinking.....Not only stopped me in time so I didn't hit the idiot; but had me notice the no brake situation before I NEeeded brakes....One can survive anything if one can plan in time for it...like stopping if you give yourself enough distance; but one can't factor in the "idiot" factor sometimes.........

Thanks for the toons Miss Collie....................God bless.......Dennis