Key from Honda ATV fits RTV!!!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Who would have thunk it. We were boating. We take the RTV and a Honda ES450 ATV down to the river docks, about 3/4 mile from home. Our daughter and hubby left early with their kids. Since there were four of them of course they took the RTV. We come in near dark and go to start the ATV but the keys they left are for the RTV. They sure don't fit. Somehow the short little key to the ATV will start the RTV. Left us stranded 3/4 mile from home, mostly uphill.
Wore us out.
Keys are better marked to avoid any repeats.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Only thing worse than having to walk home in the late evening is hearing something ..in the bushes.... walking and stopping when you do.. then making sounds.. sticks cracking . then it starts walking faster than you and ... you feel for your knife 'cause you didn't bring your real protection, and it ain't there...:eek: Yep.. happened to me ,haha ...it was a big deer grunting and fussing because I was in his space.anyway, he scared the wits out of me. (thought it was a bear) . Glad you got home Doc. collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And I have to wonder how much force was used to get that ATV key turned in the RTV's ignition...

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Doc:

Who woulda thunk you got to have a hide-a-key for the ATV and the RTV????

No cell phone service down there by the river???

Glad you made it back to the homeplace without any mishaps or heart attacks. Bet youinz were all tuckered out after that hike.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And I have to wonder how much force was used to get that ATV key turned in the RTV's ignition...
I wondered that to brian, so once home I tried the key, which was still in the ignition. It turned fairly easy. Had I not known different I would have thought it was the right key. I now have color coded floaties on each key ring to match the color of the ATV.

Right Keifer ...no cell phone service at the docks ..and even if there were, my daughter and hubby were already home (a couple hours away).
Tuckered out for sure. Helped to work off my anger about the honest mistake.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Right Keifer ...no cell phone service at the docks ..and even if there were, my daughter and hubby were already home (a couple hours away).
What's your daughter doing with your hubby? Shouldn't she be with hers? :hide: