I need a new mower BX2660

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I need something to handle things around the ranch. it would have to mow many acres some of it is rough. i was looking at the small tractors with 4wd and a loader and found a used 2660 with a loader and a 54 inch deck with three hundred hours on it. the small tractor appeals to me because of the loader and blade options making it more versatile than a regular zero turn. I have never owned such a small piece of equipment before so i ask are the loaders on them worthy or are they just a toy??

Thanks

rlong97150

I have 2 in my lawncare business. A BX25 and a BX2660. Bought the 25 first and quickly tired of removing the backhoe and installing the 3 point. Both have loaders and the 2660 rolls, aerates, grades drives, tills, etc. I have the 60 inch deck though I rarely mow with it. Excellent cut but I can cover more ground with a zero turn.

As long as you know their limitations, the Bx can't be beat. About 600 lbs in the loader and 800 lbs on the three point.

Any particular questions, Just ask away

Bob

I have B3030 Kubota with a cab & loader on it.I have around 400 hrs on this little mighty mite. That loader has amazed me more than once!! I am more than happy with this tractor.It also has a 60" rear mount mower.Very nice to mow with and easy to take off.But Bob is right,I can mow circles around it with my Z125. But that's all I can do with the zero turn other than go get the mail :)))

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I agree for mowing you can't beat a zero turn. I have an MX5100 with a front loader and rear blade that just is a great tractor for what i use it for. the 2660 i thought would be more versatile "if" it will accomplish tractor duty not just a mower. i need something smaller in frame but still be a tractor that will handle the front loader and maybe even a post digger. i have read that a possible weak spot could be the fan that cools the transmission can be torn up by sticks and such. is this true?

rlong97150

Bxpanded and brotek are the two I am most familiar with. I have some Bxpanded items and they do a nice job.

Thanks

Bob

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I received a kubota proud loyalty rewards card in the mail today offering 0 down 0 % for 60 months and 500.00 off bx. Nothing offered on rtv's.

628pm

Site Supporter
Hope I get the 500.00 off offer. I have a b2620 with 60 inch mmm, FEL and backhoe that I am looking to swap for more of a mower. I used the backhoe on some property I had, but sold the property, don't need the backhoe anymore. I want to go back to a bx for a better mower.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Peanut. you are 100% correct. but i am considering a tractor for its versatility. what I am seeking is the tractor in this size really a hard working machine or is it just not a real tractor nor a mower.

rlong97150

Are you planning on keeping the MX5100? If you do, I think you would be quite happy with a BX. They are a versatile workhorse but you would still have the MX for heavy lifting.

Bob

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yes i am keeping the MX 5100. and i know the 2660 will be less of a mower than the zero turn option. i guess i need to demo a 2660 to see if it is up to the task. it sounds like it would be though. I have corals with pens that are just to small to maneuver the mx 5100 in and thought a compact tractor would be great for these tasks.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Choose your tires wisely. Turf tires won't be good in the manure if you want to clean out the barn. Ag (R4) tires can mess up a lawn, especially when wet. Industrial would be the medium.

rlong97150

R1 are the ag tires and r4 are the industrial. I have both r4 and turf. I bought the spare set from whole goods for 300. Industrial tires are OK in turf. But turf may be better in slop than you think. Turf are great in snow for instance.

Bob

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
R1 are the ag tires and r4 are the industrial.
You're right. My bad. I was typing faster than I was thinking.

iu

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it definitely has the turf tires. my corrals are dry almost all the time but the wind does whip out around the tanks so this tractor would be handy back filling around those . I still haven't decided if this is what i really need though. it is tempting.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
aurthuritis, If you want something for loader work and pushing piles... in dry weather at least, You might like to consider a used skid steer.. They are low to the ground but can turn on a dime and can really clean a barn out.. I use one every day to load the feed wagon and another to clean piles and haul gravel with, (when necessary) and I am pretty good with it. Even driving T posts and pulling them up is easy. I back drag the road and dig out ditches with it also. One more thing the hydraulics are easy and exact. Just wanted you to consider that also but haha .. mines will tear up sod when you turn and won't mow . :) Both have the R4 tires and are poor in muddy conditions. collie