Net Tractor Talk

Net Tractor Talk (http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mahindra Roxor Forum (http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Roxor on the Cattle Farm (http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18011)

bordercollie 08-21-2019 01:40 PM

Roxor on the Cattle Farm

1 Attachment(s)
We worked cows today and had to move a few with the trailer so the Roxor and it's heavy duty bumper was put to work blocking the chute and trailer door. It made an impressive reinforcement to guide the cows straight in and left no options to a possible troublemaker but to go straight ahead. I was sure glad because we did have one silly one that hesitated on getting on the trailer. I was on the other side - holding open the headgate - and being ready to close the trailer gate asap. Dixie was in her seat watching and ready to help. bordercollie

bordercollie 09-07-2019 02:15 PM

A Close One

I don't have a picture of it but this morning I slowly drove one front wheel into a very deep wash as I was looking at the electric fence. . (again) . I teetered there with the left rear bobbing up and down. it was hair raising for sure. I thought to myself " Oh Lord, I've done it now" half expecting to slow roll the Roxor. It was approaching 100 degrees and so hot I was about sick from that ...but my prayers were answered as those mud grips gave me what I needed to get out. 4L , a little more of the teetering and once ground contact was momentarily made, I was out. Dixie was glad too because it would be a long walk in that sun to get home otherwise. collie

bordercollie 09-24-2019 10:42 PM

A Close One

1 Attachment(s)
I did it again............ this time I was sideways with the passenger side tilted and touching the side of the ditch. I thought for sure that the step would be torn off but when I got out, it was still there . :) . All tires were touching earth but so was the belly of the machine and the bumpers edges. I had put it in 4 L just before I slid sideways into the ditch(overgrown with weeds) and thankfully had left Dixie home because I was riding shotgun looking for calves . This ditch was an overflow form a pond so the Spring floods had made it really deep and jagged.
I backed up and hit a steep high place so was blocked go forward a deeper place.. Called my sis driving the feedwagon near me. She got the tractor/feedwagon in position so that I wouldn't be pulled crooked and fall completely on the side- then I hooked the chain to my hitch and the feedwagon frame, Put in reverse 4L 1st gear and slowly climbed right out. Ya'll know me .. I said a big prayer for assistance and it was granted. Sis and I were ecstatic.. because it did look pretty bad .. but no damage was done.. It was a real blessing for sure .
I only have an afterward picture because I was pretty sick seeing the side of the jeepster laying into the side of the ditch to the top rail /past the fuel port. Not even a broken tail light though. > Miracles- big and small happen every day. :tiphat: collie

bordercollie 10-15-2019 03:47 PM

Calving Time is Here

1 Attachment(s)
It's calving time on the farm. With the registered herd, we weigh everything so the scale is hooked during this time.
I had to get used to the new height of the rear hitch mounted receiver load bar. It was a lot lower on the RTV's front hitch- so low that the calves feet would sometimes touch the ground . I added a diagonal chain from the grill guard to the load bar to help with that though. Sure don't need it on the Roxor . I need longer legs now . collie

bordercollie 10-24-2019 09:42 PM

Calving Time on a Sunny Day

1 Attachment(s)
Took a moment to enjoy the sun today. It's supposed to be bad tomorrow though.