Speed.

themoleman

Hi all i purchased a 2017 rtvx 900 few weeks ago great machine well put together. over here in uk only the x 900 and x 1140 are available and the 1140 was to big for my needs. I was wondering after reading on the bed sprayer thread what looks like a x1100 pulling twenty mph up hills, what sort of top end speed and pulling capabilities you guys where getting with the x900 1100 1120 my 900 on any type of hill will die down to 10/12 mph in high or low and max speed in high on level ground is 23mph Im more than happy with the top end speed its jusy the way it dies on any sort of hill that gets to me and was wondering if it was worth upgrading to the bigger engine thats in the bigger rtv's after the warranty runs out. regards chris

Hi all i purchased a 2017 rtvx 900 few weeks ago great machine well put together. over here in uk only the x 900 and x 1140 are available and the 1140 was to big for my needs. I was wondering after reading on the bed sprayer thread what looks like a x1100 pulling twenty mph up hills, what sort of top end speed and pulling capabilities you guys where getting with the x900 1100 1120 my 900 on any type of hill will die down to 10/12 mph in high or low and max speed in high on level ground is 23mph Im more than happy with the top end speed its jusy the way it dies on any sort of hill that gets to me and was wondering if it was worth upgrading to the bigger engine thats in the bigger rtv's after the warranty runs out. regards chris

Mine is brand new with 11 miles on it now. With the a/c on it'll climb a decent long hill around 17-20. With the a/c off, it'll hold 20. Going down the hill it's 25-26 top end

Brett

xWICKEDWAYSx

I would usually bog the motor down on my 2015 x900 when I take it off into a deep mud hole when in high. No more than 30 min ago I adjusted the servo, 3 turns out (heard about it in another thread). Drove the machine down the road to a hole I would usually bog down in. Rutted myself in real good in 2 wheel high, then switched to 4 high. She was slinging mud with zero drop in rpm, I am so glad I read through all these posts, learning through others experiences. This could be an option for you, the posts I read were pertaining to hill climb speed loss.

Attachments

• 20171001_174816.jpg
    20171001_174816.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 261

themoleman

cheers for that gents, I have the full glass cab which i know is fairly heavy and as airodynamic as a house brick the 50 hour service is nearly due il ask about the servo adjustment then. My thoughts are if I'm going to keep her for four five years then i could do with touch more power. Like i said top speed I'm more than happy with 95% of my driving is in damp/soft cow pasture fields, and when she dies down it feels as if i could get out and walk faster. regards chris

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mr. Wickedways above in searching a topic and finding results is right on about what is so great about this sight. There are lots f answers there by just looking a bit........THANKS FOR TELLING about your answers.
Mr. Moleman, it seems that something is really wrong and you need to get to a tech if you can't do it yourself. Seems that a good tech really does get these things going lots better than that. Maybe Mr. Wickedways could take pic or two of the latest engines and write up a bit as to what he did specifically???.........

Lee1935

Mine is brand new with 11 miles on it now. With the a/c on it'll climb a decent long hill around 17-20. With the a/c off, it'll hold 20. Going down the hill it's 25-26 top end

Brett

Would highly recommend you follow the manual regarding break in procedures ☺☺

themoleman

Had the mechanic out for the 50 hour service and he tweaked the hydro servo thingy, pulls considerably better. its funny the pleasure of two or three mile an hour can give a man. regards chris.

2015EcoD

Might be a stupid question but where is the servo on the X series? I have an 1140, any help or links would be appreciated. I'm due for 200hr service and would like to see if I can get any more power to the ground. Bogs down pretty good in low and high on hills isn't even worth trying.

CKing

I've got the 8/17 WSM for a rtvx1100c. Been reading the HST section, poorly written, the are couple things to check before you jump right to servo. First one is throttle stop on the pedal, then HST linkage. They give a simple test of put rear wheels in the air, lock the diff, in high, hold the accelerator to the stop and observe the speed, they also speck engine rpm. I haven't really figured out the servo adjust yet except it sets the pressure to drive the motor and dynamic braking pressure. It states that in an over load situation its suppose to back the motor speed to let the engine rev back up. If you want me to post some these pages let me Know

2015EcoD

I've got the 8/17 WSM for a rtvx1100c. Been reading the HST section, poorly written, the are couple things to check before you jump right to servo. First one is throttle stop on the pedal, then HST linkage. They give a simple test of put rear wheels in the air, lock the diff, in high, hold the accelerator to the stop and observe the speed, they also speck engine rpm. I haven't really figured out the servo adjust yet except it sets the pressure to drive the motor and dynamic braking pressure. It states that in an over load situation its suppose to back the motor speed to let the engine rev back up. If you want me to post some these pages let me Know

If you don't mind posting the pages I'd appreciate it!

CKing

I've posted the WSM sections in there own thread. Didn't want impose on somebody thread. I titled it 8/17 WSM RTVX1100C .....