K-Connect

foxalaska

The best kept secret on the planet. How is hell does the system work? Drive off the front of the engine? A method to engage and disengage? Installation info?

Westfield

The K-connect system is driven by a drive shaft that comes from the back of the machine. There are three basic steps to remove the attachment. First you pull the two pins on each side of the PTO next you push down on the disengagement handle which disengages the two couplings which Drive the attachment. Then you lower the hydraulics and back off of the attachment. I have attached a long video that explains how to disconnect and connect the attachment.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i didn't know the drive shaft came from the back. isn't the lift just an electric over hydraulic attachment on the front?

Westfield

i didn't know the drive shaft came from the back. isn't the lift just an electric over hydraulic attachment on the front?

Yes it is driven by the three point hitch I think that's what it's called. the drive shaft goes all the way up to the front PTO. The whole system is hydraulic there is no electric involved. I tried to upload a file that explains this a detail but it did not work out. But if you Google PTO K connect system for Kubota X 1100 c a video should pop up that explains everything.

Westfield

Here's some pictures from my owner's manual, and this is for the Kubota X 1100 C (RTV) the X is a newer model. This is not something you just bolt up and go there is 32 pages for the installation process. Even if I knew how to explain it, it would take me an hour to go through everything involved with the insulation. Sorry for the lack of help.

Attachments

• 20200313_093646.jpg
    20200313_093646.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200313_093504.jpg
    20200313_093504.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200313_093443.jpg
    20200313_093443.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200313_093438.jpg
    20200313_093438.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

foxalaska

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic, so my issue isn't how to install it. Just wrap my head around how it works. From what I see, it drives from the front of the crank. How it is engaged and disengaged?

Westfield

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic, so my issue isn't how to install it. Just wrap my head around how it works. From what I see, it drives from the front of the crank. How it is engaged and disengaged?

The handle you see on the left disengage has the system to disconnect the snowblower, when you push the handle down it disengages 2 Lovejoy type couplings. if you were talking about how to turn there snow blower on and off that is done with a switch inside the cab, there must be a a clutch involved that gets engage when you turn the switch on.

Attachments

• 20200313_103308.jpg
    20200313_103308.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 55

foxalaska

I don't care about attaching a blower or broom. In fact, I only need the shaft to power a hydraulic pump for a firewood processor or a inverter generator. There must be a way to disengage the engine from the gearbox and drive shaft. A drive gear, counter gear and driven gear, plus a drive shaft spinning, would be a massive power robber. I lose a MPH or so from the AC.

Westfield

I don't care about attaching a blower or broom. In fact, I only need the shaft to power a hydraulic pump for a firewood processor or a inverter generator. There must be a way to disengage the engine from the gearbox and drive shaft. A drive gear, counter gear and driven gear, plus a drive shaft spinning, would be a massive power robber. I lose a MPH or so from the AC.

I have only had this machine for one week, somebody else should be able to answer your question.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter

i don't think it drives off of the front of the engine but not absolutely sure. i think there is an electric clutch that engages the prop shaft. i am also unsure if the kconnect can be added to an older X1100C.

i have changed my mind. now i think it does drive from the front of the engine. i wonder if the chain box that lowers the drive to under the machine has a disconnect to avoid it running all of the time.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Still confused. I'm referring to a 1100 C RTV, not a tractor. Kubota shows an image of the unit in a brochure, but no explanation of how it's installed. It has a gearbox tower on the driven end, with some type of control lever on top. I assume it drives from the front of the engine.

Second page, bottom left...……….https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/defa...eets/rtv-x1100c-pto-k-connect_brochure_v2.pdf

to be very clear. there is a huge difference between an 1100cw and an X1100.

the K connect was not offered to the 1100 but was introduced even after the X1100 was introduced .

foxalaska

You seem to understand what I'm wanting to know Art.

My buggy is an "X". Bought it Dec 2016. Power would have to come from the front unless the hydrostat has a place to install a PTO. I don't see anything like that. From the illustration in the operators manual, there seems to be some type of clutch mechanism on the output of the gearbox. I assume the "power tower" is gear driven, as there seems to be a bearing cover for an idler gear. Also the lube tag calls for 150 ep. Doubt a chain would require a lube that heavy. This all equates to parasitic power loss.

I'm building a bucking saw type wood processor using a harvester blade. Need hydraulics for the saw operating cylinder, log clamp, feed and splitter. Considered powering the saw with an electric motor, which would require some method of powering both the pump and generator. Probably simpler to use a hydraulic motor on the saw, although not as efficient. The little three banger isn't exactly a powerhouse. I plan on processing 50+ cords a season, more than an old fart my age cares to do with a 3120 Husky and a splitting maul. Running a power saw, $8 a gallon gas adds up also. The 3120 sucks gas.

Any ideas welcome, my friend. I know you've made a few laps around the track.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yes Fox i am pretty sure there is an electric clutch on the output shaft of the drop box. and from looking at the drawings i think it drives off of the front of the engine. what i don't know is what RPM the output shaft turns after it comes out of the drop box??? maybe Westfield could hold a hand tach on the drive end without the blower attached??? i would bet though that the drop box also lowers the RPM some.

another thing is the lost ground clearance.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
You seem to understand what I'm wanting to know Art.

My buggy is an "X". Bought it Dec 2016. Power would have to come from the front unless the hydrostat has a place to install a PTO. I don't see anything like that. From the illustration in the operators manual, there seems to be some type of clutch mechanism on the output of the gearbox. I assume the "power tower" is gear driven, as there seems to be a bearing cover for an idler gear. Also the lube tag calls for 150 ep. Doubt a chain would require a lube that heavy. This all equates to parasitic power loss.

I'm building a bucking saw type wood processor using a harvester blade. Need hydraulics for the saw operating cylinder, log clamp, feed and splitter. Considered powering the saw with an electric motor, which would require some method of powering both the pump and generator. Probably simpler to use a hydraulic motor on the saw, although not as efficient. The little three banger isn't exactly a powerhouse. I plan on processing 50+ cords a season, more than an old fart my age cares to do with a 3120 Husky and a splitting maul. Running a power saw, $8 a gallon gas adds up also. The 3120 sucks gas.

Any ideas welcome, my friend. I know you've made a few laps around the track.

I don’t know about the pump on the x1100c but my toro dingo uses that motor and it takes a lot to kill it. I have soil cultivator, auger, trencher, etc

foxalaska

I don’t know about the pump on the x1100c but my toro dingo uses that motor and it takes a lot to kill it. I have soil cultivator, auger, trencher, etc

I used a Dingo to excavate a large crawlspace for a school renovation project. Impressive machine. Much better than the crappy Boxer we tried to use.

I wish I had a quarter for every time I banged my head on a floor joist.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
apparently the blower and sweeper are direct pto driven and the hydraulics are to adjust blower shoot, or broom angle, plow angles and folding etc.