Attachments

• TractorMishap1.jpg
    TractorMishap1.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 224

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
From the looks I'll guess he was pushing over a tree and it spit and that part caught the FEL .....

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One more mishap .....

from someone I do not know

PLEASE be careful pushing over dead trees and watch out for widowmakers. I knew better but still tried to push down dead tree that had caught fire from brush pile spark. Top broke out and this is the result. $3k(parts only) for the Kubota and $10k at the ER for me. Still going to be another couple of (painful)months recovery but I'm alive.

Attachments

• TractorMishap2.jpg
    TractorMishap2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 238
  • TractorMishap2b.jpg
    TractorMishap2b.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 221

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've done that more than once. 4WD needed as the back tires aren't on the ground.

jwstewar

Staff member
Washed the tractors boss

A buddy of mine took this picture this morning on his way to work at a tractor dealership in Circleville, Ohio. I was just there last week looking at Zero Turns. Guess I will be avoiding them now, no way in hell I would want one of these.

Attachments

• Evolution Ag.jpg
    Evolution Ag.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 172

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This happened to a fellow named Tim. Here are Tim's comments on the pic:

Tim said:
I’m okay but had a close call today. After taking the post hole digger off the loader and putting the bucket back on I latched the handles. However this time the pins did not fully engage and I didn’t see it. . Then raising the bucket while working close to the highway it came loose and fell back on me. Hopefully this never happens to anybody else!

Attachments

• TractorMishap4.jpg
    TractorMishap4.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 155

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I agree. Glad to see his post that he is okay in the same post with the pic. Scary. Be careful out there.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wonder what caused this accident?

Attachments

• TowingOops1.jpg
    TowingOops1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 138
  • TowingOops2.jpg
    TowingOops2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 131
  • TowingOops3.jpg
    TowingOops3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 137
  • TowingOops4.jpg
    TowingOops4.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 133

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Someone is having a bad day- don’t know the owner but this was taken in Peterborough, NH.

Every piece of equipment I have a fire extinguisher mounted on it.
A fire extinguisher can stop a runaway diesel engine by spraying into the intake.
:thumb:

Attachments

• TractorMishap5.jpg
    TractorMishap5.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 121

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
oops. . .

Attachments

• C29520AF-CBB7-4434-B95A-57D4CA21C050.jpeg
    C29520AF-CBB7-4434-B95A-57D4CA21C050.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 103

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh no ....

Attachments

• TractorMishap7.jpg
    TractorMishap7.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 91

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just a reminder to be safe on your tractors. We were clearing pond bank by cutting and dragging off trees. Pops got squirrelly with the clutch and lost control and over she(the tractor) went.
He got super lucky that there was no injury besides a small scratch, and tractor had no damage as it sat on roll bar and bucket corners, nothing went under water besides those two spots.
Uprighted it and pulled it up the bank with neighbors big tractor, let it sit overnight and it fired right back up the next day.
:eek:TractorMishap9a.jpgTractorMishap9b.jpg

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Another mishap, not me:

Had a bit of a scary situation . Shut it down grabbed my coffee and bailed .
Sunny day and decided to push that old cherry tree over .
After setting the pallet forks on the loader and pushing from 2 sides it went over pretty easily .
As it started going down very slowly as I pushed , lowered my loader I didn’t think of just how dang big the stump and roots were.
The roots trapped the front tires so reverse wasn’t a option .
Grabbed the saw and cut the top off .bobcat couldn’t help at all in any way I tried .
I hated to but my only quick option was to cut dirt, rocks and all as quick as I could to get her back on 4 wheels .
Nothing was hurt but my pride and lesson learned . Use the 100 ft cable or good chains to pull trees over . TractorMishap10.jpgTractorMishap10b.jpgTractorMishap10b.jpg

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
WOW ! Hopefully that got it turned down before it flipped completely. Looks like that roll over safety device came in real handy. :)

Reactions: Doc