Glow plugs, temperature gauge, Engine Fan 1100

Razor802

Glow plugs, engine fan, and temperature gauge are all not working on 1100. Fan is currently hooked up to run when key is in on position with a couple extra wires ran by previous owner. I’m thinking maybe temperature sensor switch could be causing all these issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
take the wire off of the temp sender and ground it with the key in the run position. the gauge should rise,if it doesn't either the gauge is bad or the wire is broken. the glow plugs should work anytime the key is in the glow position. mice??? check the relays and fuses. also would help to confirm if this is an 1100 or an x1100?

Razor802

Glow Plugs are working! I didn’t know how they worked and was Just turning to on thinking they’d come on and go off like on a pickup. Started it this morning just above freezing counted to 30 and it started instantly.

I’ll have to check out sensor tonight.

Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glow Plugs are working! I didn’t know how they worked and was Just turning to on thinking they’d come on and go off like on a pickup. Started it this morning just above freezing counted to 30 and it started instantly.
Yea, the glow plug pre-warmer key position is half way between the on and start positions in the ignition. Does yours have a glow-plug light on the dash?

30 seconds is a bit long. I "think" they recommend 10-15 seconds then either pause for that same interval before doing another 10-15 seconds or try to start it.

Razor802

Tried glow plugs for ten count after work 12 degrees Celsius that’s about 54 F. Started great.

shinnery

3100 hours it is more than likely not a X1100. It got all the way down to 68 degrees here the other nite. LOL

Razor802

I need to take some pics there are a few wires on the engine that are cut maybe all something to do with fan/ temperature ...

Currently wires are running to fan from key powered source so it runs all the time while machine is on.

I’ll get some pics and details soon

Razor802

take the wire off of the temp sender and ground it with the key in the run position. the gauge should rise,if it doesn't either the gauge is bad or the wire is broken. the glow plugs should work anytime the key is in the glow position. mice??? check the relays and fuses. also would help to confirm if this is an 1100 or an x1100?

Checked it out gauge works when grounded. Current temperature sensor spade connector is broke off. Took sensor out of motor on burned machine but it didn’t work either. I think fire damaged it spade would turn inside sensor.

Went to kubota dealer to try get sensor. Waste of time. They spent 15 minutes looking at rtv parts diagrams never did figure it out. Can’t find supplier online with reasonable shipping to Canada. I’m going to take it with me to local auto parts supplier and see if they can sell me a generic sensor that matches threads.

Anyone know what threads are by chance?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
look very carefully at the flats on the hex part of the sensor also look the whole thing over very carefully with a magnify glass. usually there will be a number embossed in it that indicates it's temp in Celsius or resistance in ohms. if it isn't correct your gauge won't read correctly. i would give Messiks a call