Storm called Florence

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Let's keep all of our Forum family in our thoughts and prayers as this storm makes landfall.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If we have members in the path, maybe they can let us know if they are safe on this thread. Have some lead handy too.... You may need it for self protection. We kept ours on the table for 10 days during K. and we were a long ways from the coast -120 miles.
As a prep warning I'll tell you a story of an old lady I knew that survived K... She thought she could do ok in her house near Biloxi... she had a dog and didn't want to get separated from it. As the weather became more threatening, it was about too late to leave but her neighbor knew the storm surge would envelop her house, so insisted she go to this multi story hotel with his family. She grabbed her pup and a shoe box with a teacup and a few sentimental items . As the storm came ashore the waters filled the bottom floor at the hotel and started coming up to the second floor. I remember her saying how she grabbed the puppy and the little shoe box swirled by her. I think she was able to get to the 3rd floor .. she did survive but barely.. Get out while you can folks . No power for 10 days here and that was 2 hrs from the coast.. Get out or be really prepared.. collie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Am praying that folks have listened to the warnings and are getting out. During Irma last year we opened up our Airbnb listing to folks. We kept a lady and her dogs for long past when she could pay as she had no power for weeks....…..NOW during this one we have opened it up even though we are in the midst of repairs. If you can help these folks, do something. Or help the Red Cross. You can be sure THEY are not a scam. God bless these people...…..

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good for you Dennis!!! :clap: :clap: I wondered if you were near the projected target area that will get the worst of the impact. So far it's mostly the Carolina's.
God Bless you all down that way that will be impacted by this monster.