Max bed capacity—hydroseeder

I’m considering adding a Hydroseeder to my bag of tricks. The options for the brand I’m looking at are 100 gallons good for 1000-1200sq ft per tank and weights 1100 lbs or 200 gallon and covers 2000-2400 sq ft at 2000lbs.

The only time it would be moved full would be driving from my tender trailer to the spray site. To maximize my time I like the 200 gallon but worry it might be to much for the buggy since it’ll be nearly twice the rates capacity. It handles my 100 gallon sprayer and boom fine but we’re talking about adding 700-800 more lbs.

Brett

foxalaska

I’m considering adding a Hydroseeder to my bag of tricks. The options for the brand I’m looking at are 100 gallons good for 1000-1200sq ft per tank and weights 1100 lbs or 200 gallon and covers 2000-2400 sq ft at 2000lbs.

The only time it would be moved full would be driving from my tender trailer to the spray site. To maximize my time I like the 200 gallon but worry it might be to much for the buggy since it’ll be nearly twice the rates capacity. It handles my 100 gallon sprayer and boom fine but we’re talking about adding 700-800 more lbs.

Brett

I hauled 4 drums of diesel fuel @ 50 gals each and the machine wasn't happy about it. The biggest issue was to much weight aft. I managed to haul it but never again. I estimated 1400 lbs. I pull an old converted Datsun pickup bed trailer now for such things. Would like install a gooseneck on it someday. Help get weight to the front.

John

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I haul 1200 pond sprayer around in my old 1100 all summer and it does fine. the 2014 X1100 doesn't like that load as well. the bed is to short and has to much of the load aft. i like the gooseneck idea

I’m beginning to considering just going with a little bigger one but make or buy a little trailer for it so the weight won’t be on a buggy nor will I be worried about it.

The specs on the 200 gallon are very attractive with double the coverage per tank

Brett

foxalaska

I’m beginning to considering just going with a little bigger one but make or buy a little trailer for it so the weight won’t be on a buggy nor will I be worried about it.

The specs on the 200 gallon are very attractive with double the coverage per tank

Brett

I'm quite pleased with my $200 dollar trailer. Hauled up to 3000 lbs with out any big problems. Single axle, which requires getting weight balanced correctly. I looked at a nice trailer with a 2 axle walking beam arrangement that would be much better. Pricey bugger. It had wheels similar to Kubota wheels and the same axle width. I really think a gooseneck setup would work very well. Set the ball a few inches in front of the axle.

Hey Brett, forgot where you live and I know this is too damn big for your rtv but anyways https://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/d/2008-easy-lawn-tm60/6485952949.html

Man that’s a nice one. Way to big for sure though! I’m getting pretty serious about just jumping into this with zero experience. Worst case I do my stuff and I’d be happy as can be. The way it’s looking. I’m going to shoot for a 200-300 gallon tank and build a custom low ground pressure Trailer for it. Might just build the entire thing and figure it out as I go

Brett

foxalaska

Man that’s a nice one. Way to big for sure though! I’m getting pretty serious about just jumping into this with zero experience. Worst case I do my stuff and I’d be happy as can be. The way it’s looking. I’m going to shoot for a 200-300 gallon tank and build a custom low ground pressure Trailer for it. Might just build the entire thing and figure it out as I go

Brett

You're on the right track Brett. I found a trailer I really liked but to much money at the time and settled for a converted pick up bed trailer. Single axle trailer hitch is not good. I have problems getting light on my front wheels with it. The trailer I wanted had a "walking beam" two axle suspension with RTV tires which would give excellent flotation and help a little with load distribution, but you're still pulling most the load, not carrying some of it for added traction. Forward loading helps some but the front gets very light quickly. Machine gets "squirrely". I really thing it would be advisable to build in a gooseneck and construct some type of removable frame in your bed for the ball. It could be built to allow the ball to be moved for and aft for weight distribution. Pulling on the bed could cause issues and may have to be addressed. Most ball mounts on pick-up trucks are frame mounted, not bed mounted. I'm going to be doing this very thing this summer to mine. Be nice for you to make all the mistakes so my project will be a breeze.