Case/IH model 1394 loader

I have a Case/Ih model 1394, 70 HP, manual transmission, year 1984, ser.no 1113858, no cab with ROPs. I am looking for a used loader but have not been able to find the Case model number on their website for this old tractor.
also I have seen several for sale but am not able to tell if they would fit. If you have a loader on this tractor of any make, plese let me know what model and number it is so that i can search for a used one.

thank you from mississippi jamesrodneybookout

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk James.
I hope someone will be abel to advise on a loader for your case.
Good luck.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum!

You have any relatives in Texas?

Good friend of mine by the same name is a Deputy Constable in Dallas County.

Jim

model 74L loader

I have found a case/ih model 74L loader, the owner said the the manual said it will fit a 1394 MFD tractor. does anyone know if this will be ok on just a 1394?

thanks in advance if you can help me
rod

urednecku

Don't know myself, but I wanted to welcome ya to the forum!
SOMEBODY around here oughta know, I'm sure they will be around in a little while.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks zionview. Rep points for you. That sure helped James out with just the info he needed.
James, I hope you'll share pics before and after you have the loader on and working. :thumb: :D
Good luck with the install. This would be a GREAT documented project if you don't mind taking the extra time to take pics while you are in the process of the install.

thanks

Zionview, thanks , i bought the loader on your advice and it works great, every nut and bolt fit as it should. i have about 2100.00 in the loader and am very happy with it.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's great that it worked out.

A loader is a wonderful thing even if you only use it the way my wife does, a diesel powered wheelbarrow! :pat:

PS - don't tell her I said that.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Before and after photos ...posted for
jamesrodneybookout,

Attachments

• P1030166.JPG
    P1030166.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P1030319.JPG
    P1030319.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 26

Westendorf

Oversized Fit

I agree with Kennyd :eek: - that really sits high on the hood and far out front... The fit of a loader has a lot to do with stability and power, this photo shows the ideal fit for a loader. Along the hood and tight / close to the front end. Make sure you use a ballast for heavy loads - that back end will get light pretty quick with the bucket so far forward.

Attachments

• CASE-1394-4WD-TA-26-CAB.jpg
    CASE-1394-4WD-TA-26-CAB.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 22
loader

Hey, thanks for the tip. I love the loader as it is. I always keep a disc or bush hog on the back and have filled it with cow poop and have had no problems. I will however watch it on unevan ground. It is used more as a toy that a tool.

jrb

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
yeah, have fun with your 'toy'. :D Mine is an expensive wheelbarrow half the time. It is so handy and my back feels so much better since it joined the family.

Nice looking tractor you got there Westendorf. :thumb: