x900 exhaust broke

dan900

Do a search for "x900 exhaust". There have been others with the broken exhaust--mine included. I was able to get mine replaced under warranty at about 600 hours, but some have welded theirs. Next time I'll be welding.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If it broke on the manifold bolt areas then it may have been torqued improperly at the factory. I read that even torquing was very important or else cracking could happen. I'd definitely check to see if something was recalled or defective. Good Luck Joe. collie

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Do a search for "x900 exhaust". There have been others with the broken exhaust--mine included. I was able to get mine replaced under warranty at about 600 hours, but some have welded theirs. Next time I'll be welding.

My exhaust on X900 broke at about 600 miles as well. I have a post about it here. It took me a while to convince Kubota that it due to the fact that the well to the exhaust manifold was never done and therefore the resulting vibration caused it to break at the bracket on the transmission. The aluminum flange of the transmission broke! They at first insisted that someone had stood on the tail pipe! When they finally realized that the bracket near the muffler was not damage and that the flange at the manifold was floating and not connected in any way to the manifold they took the machine and did a major weld on the transmission and the manifold. I now have 8,500 miles on it and all seems fine.

10-e-c-dirt

My X900 broke at the manifold, I just put a straight out pipe on it , its a little loud, but I never wear my hearing aid anyway, might give it .5 more horse power,Lol