Turbo for X900?

Bulldog53

They replied “no worries , only running a modest 9-10 PSI”. Have sold many kits ,never had a engine failure . Customers are extremely happy with the performance gains!

wheeler

I wonder if there are any concerns about overheating the hydro unit from pulling in too high a gear. Would a temp gauge on the hydro be a good idea maybe ? Where would a person find one ?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i think there is a dummy light on the instrument cluster for hydraulic oil temp already. the newer X models have an oil cooler in front of the fan anyway.

wheeler

i think there is a dummy light on the instrument cluster for hydraulic oil temp already. the newer X models have an oil cooler in front of the fan anyway.

Good to know. Because we run these at full power in the highest gear that will pull probably 80% of the time.Only back off a bit on downhill.:winterrules:

Bulldog53

Just got back from a 14 1/2 hour round trip, the X900 is in good hands. Jesse is extremely informative !! It was hard to look at the completed X1100 kits , ordering a complete kit would be much easier . Oh well, no pain ,no gain ???

VA1100

I installed a turbo kit from turbokits.com on my X1100C. It is a totally different machine to drive now, it will still stall the engine on a hard pull in high gear without the hand throttle being pulled, but in low gear it will spin all four wheels from idle. It climbs without bogging down, or going to a crawl, with more adjustments to the hydro unit it will probably go over 25MPH, but since I did it for more low end power I'm not to worried about top speed. The install was a lot more than bolting on a turbo, the timing got changed on the fuel pump, the injectors got turned up, the max engine RPM increased slightly, and two pressure adjustments in the hydro unit. I'm running a max of 10PSI of boost, I also installed a pyrometer to monitor the system, it tops out at 1100 degrees when under enough load to produce 10PSI of boost. The attached picture was taken before the turbo got wrapped in a heat blanket.

Attachments

• KIMG0163(1).jpg
    KIMG0163(1).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 119

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
is the pyrometer on the hot side of the turbo or the cold side? also interested in the high idle adjustment and the pressure adjustments

VA1100

The pyrometer is on the hot side, the kit comes with a new exhaust manifold, so I just drilled and tapped it for the sensor. The factory manual calls for the max RPM to be between 3070 and 3170 RPM, the instructions say to turn the limit screw out 2.5 turns to give an increase on the RPM of 200 +/-, I used a tach and set it at 3250 RPM. The pressure adjustments were 1 turn clockwise on the "forward relief valve, and 4 3/4 turns out from all the way in on the charge relief. My charge relief valve was at 6 1/2 turns out before I moved it. I have a set of gauges and at some point want to hook them back up to see where the pressures are actually set.

VA1100

It won’t spin the wheels like that, what i did was chain it to my pickup on blacktop and from idle with flooring the accelerator it will spin all four wheels instead of killing the engine, if I do the same thing in high gear it will kill the engine before the turbo spools up. On a sealed concrete floor in 2 wheel drive it won’t smoke the tires, but you can see where it is losing traction. The turbo doesn’t produce very much boost until a load is on the engine, so just sitting with the hand throttle pulled it is less than 5 PSI of boost. This is probably a good thing as it won’t be as hard on the drive train. I don’t run the buggy real hard, I was just tired of crawling up the mountain at 1, or 2 MPH, I can now accelerate at places I was barely moving before.

Bulldog53

Hello everyone , it's been a while but to be honest , probably best I didn't post anything. The turbo installation never happened, company was not willing to take on the job, there X1100 kit would not interchange. Waste of $400 of diesel fuel and a lot of time on the road. Oh well , win some and lose some, family members thought it was hilarious " you spent a total of 60 hours on the road for a RTV turbo":17875:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's ok - it's part of life Bulldog. I've made many what we call down here, "water hauls", since I've been alive too. If it weren't for the "water hauls" life could be boring.. maybe.. We could also just call it a road trip for you and your pal the RTV. :harley: collie

Bulldog53

Yea , a Kubota dealership claims they can dial the machine in a little and feel that I will be much more happier. Explained to them how much of a dog it is going up hills, they feel secure that it wasn’t setup properly when it left Kubota.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yea , a Kubota dealership claims they can dial the machine in a little and feel that I will be much more happier. Explained to them how much of a dog it is going up hills, they feel secure that it wasn’t setup properly when it left Kubota.
When you're done with the dealer changes, can you post how much it cost and what they did? I was going to do something similar but never got around to it. It was a few years ago and they thought it would be around $200 for labor, no new parts needed.

Bulldog53

No problem , give me a couple weeks, plan to order a snow blade for my BX tractor and want to do at the same time . Dealer has already told me it will be less then $100. Only takes about a hour and they even have a hill to show a comparison .

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
If you happen to be in Ohio, please let us know what dealer you are using. I would like to get my x1120 adjusted too. And I am with the other members who believe it wasn't money wasted. Sometimes it takes a little money to find out whether you can or can't do something. So call it a feasibility study. In any event, I hope you will be much happier with your unit.