RTVX Engine Oil - Kubota or Rotella?

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
We now have two Kubota's diesel vehicles...a BX2230 and a RTVX-1120D.

I want to keep a supply of oil in the new barn to use for both and while I've heard many people say they prefer to use Kubota everything, I wanted to see what oil our members use.

Many of you have several thousand hours on your equipment and are in the best position to advise I think.

Most of the older farmer I've talked with use Rotella and think it is the best.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Looks like a bumper crop of pawpaws, pears and plums in Ohio this year.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i have several Kubota machines. i used Kubota 15w40 in the engines while under warranty and now that they are out i wouldn't say one thing against using Rotella. now as far as the transmission and hydraulics are concerned i would only use Kubota oil and filters. just my opinion.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with Aurthuritis on the transmission and 15w40 in the engine. I have used Jd 15w40 Plus II in both RTV 900s I had and never had blowby nor did they use oil with over 4000 hrs each. My Daddy also loved Rotella but we have the JD in 5 g buckets or would have gone with the Rotella.
I'm glad you have a bumper crop! Wish I were closer and I'd have to maybe test them for deliciousness . haha. collie

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I wish that too. I spent about a year in Biloxi at Keesler AFB for technical school. I heard it changed along highway 90 until a hurricane put it back the way it was.

That you both for the sound advice.

RickW

I use Rotella synthetic in both by Kubota's (and other vehicles). Also agree use the Kubota hydraulic oil for the hydraulic systems.

valiant8086

We use Rotella conventional 15w40 in our 2014 RTVX1120d.. We're at about 400 hours though so can't judge by us, and ours doesn't start as well as it used to.

Definitely have to say go with the Kubota stuff for the Hydraulics though. We put Super UDT2 in ours for the first 400 hour mark, but did it about 280 hours since I can't read the manual properly and thought we had to do it at 200 and were late on it.

I probably would suggest not using anything but Super UDT2, skip the lower levels of it even from Kubota. These things are hard enough to keep from having those odd issues where they sometimes won't go from a dead stop sometimes and such as that. I wanted to make sure if that ever happens to us we won't be able to blame it on using less than perfect fluid. That UDT2 is kinda expensive, guess assume you're paying for that instead of CVT belts and you feel slightly less bad about the costly upkeep. At least that's what I tell people when they get grumping about it. Course I don't admit that my brother's Gator which has been very abused and has more miles and hours than our RTVX does is still on the original belt. It's Jerky as all hell though.