Turbo for X900?

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
They will probably adjust the hst per the service manual, I will bump the thread if anyone wants to try it on there own before spending money at the dealer aurthuritus is a expert I’m sure willing to help!

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
They will probably adjust the hst per the service manual, I will bump the thread if anyone wants to try it on there own before spending money at the dealer aurthuritus is a expert I’m sure willing to help!

"Expert" i am humbled by your opinion. i thought only my dog thought so highly of me.:bonk:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I would be willing to try it myself but I lack anything beyond a good set of tools and about half a brain.

Thanks

it doesn't take any special tools and really is quite simple once you understand. it really woke up my X1100c and all i did was adjust the linkages so they are in factory spec. if after you get the linkages all specd out then you can proceed with RPM changes if needed but you should really baseline the adjustments first so you can get all out of the design

VA1100

I'm no expert on diesel engines, and don't claim to be, so I'm simply asking the questions for someone more knowledgeable to chime in. What would happen if you advanced the fuel timing, turned up the injectors, and turned up the max RPM's without adding the turbo? My unit will blow a puff of black smoke now when the throttle is pushed, it didn't do this before the turbo and other modifications. I agree with some of the members that say the engine has been de-tuned to meet the tier 4 requirements.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
turning up the fuel and adjusting the timing might create more smoke and actually decrease power without more air to burn the increase. that is where a turbo comes in. when the increased fuel is turned into excess exhaust it is forced through the hot side of the turbo and the complessor side will spin up and force more air into the cylinders allowing the extra fuel to burn completely. so turning up the fuel without changing the cam duration etc probably won't help any. probably the ghost in the closet is adjusting the RPM above spec. who knows just how fast these little engines can spin without damage? i am almost sure from looking at historic Kubota specs that these engines are turned down on rpm just a little so they can meet epa

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i have to mention though that adjusting the complete drive control is much cheaper than adding a turbo and at least in my case gave me power i didn't know i had. i think most everyone machines are adjusted differently. some close to spec and some grossly out of spec. even a turbo isn't going to function to it's best until the rest is in sync. in my opinion some engineer shure did a good job of managing to match all of the power curves with a simple mechanical linkage.

hondajoe

More power

Well as others have said do your adjustments first they seem to be pretty far off at least in my case.That does help then I turned up the pump and adjusted max rpm to 3600 I did not adjust the timing not hard to do but I did not feel it was necessary.This will help a lot but not a replacement for a turbo.The turbo will give it the grunt in high range not so much on the bottom but on the top.JOE PS An electric pump will also help.