3 point hitch

1kubota

Hi Folks, Since I own a tractor I shouldn't have to ask this question.. But here I am.. What is the difference of a catagory 0 and catagory 1 hitch? They both look the same to me. I think my BX-2230 has a catagory 1 ? Has anyone used a box blade a a snow blade? The back of the blade looks plenty tough enough.

Thanks
Larry

Erik

the easiest way I know of to tell is pin size - IIRC, cat 0 has 3/4" pins and cat 1 has 7/8" pins.
I use my loader and BB to scrape snow -- mostly pulling forward so I don't bend one of my lift arms.

1kubota

Erik, Thanks for getting back. I don't have a back blade. Thought I would pick up a box blade and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Larry

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A box blade is kind of hard to do snow. Between the sides and the fact you can't angle it, everything collects under the tractor. What do you do with it then? Also, because of its weight, plan on it getting down to your surface pretty quickly. On stone, it'll be pulling it up and on concrete, it'll scuff it pretty hard.

1kubota

You're probably right about the weight. I was planning on pushing backward. I had a brain fart.
Larry

Attachments

• box blade.jpg
    box blade.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 96

Harvey

1Kubota, look around for a back blade, a used one can be had for $2 - 300. You'll find they work well.

Harvey

horsefarmer

No brain fart - use box blade both ways. Pushing snow or pulling. Weight helps and does no damage to asphalt or concrete drives when properly adjusted. I have Snow Boss plow on 1 ton 4 wheel drive diesel dually and sometimes use tractor and box blade. Both move snow well.