My winch won't fit.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
NOTE: I posted this in two different forums here on purpose. Reply to whichever one you see first. I'll find it. Thx

I bought a warn winch for my RTV 1140. I was having full service done by the dealer and asked them to install the winch. They said ok. But then call and said it won't fit. Said it would work on an RTV 1140x or any RTV 900x or 1120x etc., but not on my 09 1140. Crap.

I asked if they'd trade me for one that would fit, nope. So, I got a winch without a home. Since I have industrial tires on my tractor, I have been in some spots where a winch could help. Even with my FEL I could not get out of or get past some spots on my property.

My question, are winches okay to put on tractors? Do they make mounts for them or what???

zionview

Doc, I made adapters for mounting my winch on our Gators, my truck and my larger trailer. I want to weld a 2 1/2 inch tube onto a toolbar I made years ago to move trailers around, and then the winch will be able to be used with either tractor, too.

Attachments

• DSCN0607.jpg
    DSCN0607.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCN0604.jpg
    DSCN0604.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 245
  • trailerhitch2.jpg
    trailerhitch2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 237

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is the way I'm thinking of going. Like you said, then it is more versatile.
Nice work. :thumb:

NOTE: I posted this in two different forums here on purpose. Reply to whichever one you see first. I'll find it. Thx

I bought a warn winch for my RTV 1140. I was having full service done by the dealer and asked them to install the winch. They said ok. But then call and said it won't fit. Said it would work on an RTV 1140x or any RTV 900x or 1120x etc., but not on my 09 1140. Crap.

I asked if they'd trade me for one that would fit, nope. So, I got a winch without a home. Since I have industrial tires on my tractor, I have been in some spots where a winch could help. Even with my FEL I could not get out of or get past some spots on my property.

My question, are winches okay to put on tractors? Do they make mounts for them or what???

In my personal opinion, winches are one tool I have on mine when there is nothing else on the 3pt. Keeps the arms from hitting the tires and with the receiver handy for moving trailers and whatall it just makes it handy.

I don't care for one hanging out behind as it leaves the winch open to damage. I built mine by making a rectangular frame with the attachments center top and at each bottom corner. Making a platform a bit above the bottom to put the winch face flush with the rear facing frame tucks it in a bit. putting a receiver below the winch works well as you can run a line out and over a trailer if you need to pull something onto it.

I hope this pic will give an idea. This is a hydraulic system, but I do have one with a 10,000lb electric for my 2610 Kioti. This tractor also has one built into the loader frame. It is there permanently. I do a lot with logging now and then, or at least used to. Retired now.

Attachments

• randall in ak and nd 009.jpg
    randall in ak and nd 009.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 229