Kioti vs Mahindra

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi, I priced Mahindra 3316 and 3535 today. (posted on mahindra forum here) I was offered a Kioti ck35 with loader for midd 15's. It looks like a really nice machine and has a suspension seat , with detachable loader.. What do ya'll think of this one . 5 grand cheaper that the 3535 makes me like it a lot and it has ag tires which I need... I am most concerned about quality - and what I understand it is made in S korea and is well done. What do ya'll think of this one ? Thanks!! Bordercollie

I was very very close to getting a CK35 myself, they are very nice machines. Closer to compare the Mahindra 3316 though than the 3535. A few reasons that I went Mahindra. I decided to go HST and I did not care for the HST rocker on the CK35. The 3215 loader was just a bit higher lift capacity and I don't care much for the bar across the top of the hood on the CK35. But I do really like that you can have 2 factory rear remotes where as the 3215 only has 1.

When I was pricing them about 2 years ago, they were pretty close, like within $1000. If you like the CK35, I would take a good look at it, especially for that price.

Good luck

Erik

+1 what he said.
the ck35 is very similar in size and performance to the 3316.
the 3535 is more comparable to the DK35.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Price check kioti

Dk35 priced today in the in the middle's 16000's and with a loader the low 18000's. This is the 351 loader. The ck35 had the lighter kl130 loader. So for around 2400 more (tractor 1000, loader 1400), I can get the dk35 and 351 loader . This sounds good to me. The tractor has 12/12 trans and other features and weighs almost 4000 lbs while the ck35 weighs in the neighborhood of 3200lbs. Gee Zoom, Mtnview ranch,Erik and others, I had not even considered such an upgrade. Thought it was beyond my $$. MANY thanks for pointing it out. I will think this over and probably pull the trigger soon when the dealer can get one in so I can test drive and "touch it". :>) Bordercollie

For just a little bit more $$$$, you can step up to a DK40 and the loader that goes with the 40 is quite a bit stronger than either 35. I would check out the DK40 before getting the DK35. Keep in mind that the CK35 is a smaller tractor than the DKs, just in case size is a factor for you, if not, then get a DK, much more tractor for the money.

If you feel like your getting close, start thinking about options that you might want to get with the tractor at time of purchase. Stuff like rear remotes, a sunshade canopy, maybe an extra front hydraulic valve for a future grapple. All things to think about, and best to get with the original purchase in my opinion. I believe that the loaders come with skid steer attach buckets now, but be sure, because you do want a skid steer attach loader. I highly recommend the rear remotes and a sunshade.

Hope that some of this helps, please keep us informed and ask any other questions that you may have.

Good luck

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks MtnView Ranch. I'm afraid I'm at the very most end of $$ on the tractor. That 40 does sound like a great package though according to the pdf info on the Kioti site. And I do like the Indian made Mahindra 3535 (ind tires local dealer stock)but it was just too much for me to buy right now. plus I gotta have the ag tires. I had a similar pair of industrial tires on my Kubota RTV called work site .(OEM) and got stuck all the time because hey would just ball up in mud/manure (yea don't get stuck in that mix) They just wouldn't clean out. Now I have 589's and have been stuck just 2x in 2600 hrs since changing from the original oems (500 hrs). Anyway, I will do some heavy thinking as this price will be good for a few days etc.and decide next week. I want no regrets and will check out all options. Thanks!. I have a good service dept here and the kioti is sitting on the same lot side by side the Mahindras I am aiming for the Kioti for a few reasons.. Affordability, craftsmanship, warranty features and weight over the 3316 and ck35.As I will be pulling a spray rig or else have a 3ph one among other projects. Thanks again for all advice .Bordercollie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know what you are going through bordercollie! It's fun but stressful trying to decide on what machine will do all you want, and it could be a very expensive mistake if you don't get the right machine. You've zeroed in on the right tires for you and the right tractor from the sounds of things. Now all that is left is for you to pull the trigger. It will be a load off your mind when you do, and the first few hours you spend in the seat will bring back that kid on Christmas morning feeling. You will love it. From everything I've read you can not make a wrong decision at this point. All the options I've seen you consider are winners, so now you are down to signing on the dotted line and getting the ball rolling. Now you have to decide and just do it. Make the purchase. It will be such a load off your mind. Don't fret, all of us have those nagging doubts right after signing, so the sooner you can get the tractor delivered after signing the better off you'll be. After that you will simply be amazed at what all the machine can do that you had not even considered. Good luck with it all and be sure to post pictures when you do get your new work horse.

Erik

yup - I test drove a DK40 when I was doing my tractor hunt. IIRC, it comes with one set of rear remotes.

Bordercollie, $3500 off on DKs later this month, maybe this could get you into a DK40SE. Way more tractor than the DK35. Sounds like you can get a DK40SE for under 20K.

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks

Those are great ideas and thank you .The agri credit does have some deals alright. I had watched a mahindra that had a tiller, rake and loader and didn't bid on it because I doubted buying anything I couldn't check out- and the freight on the trailer full of attachments would have been 4 figures for me. Wonderful if you happen to be near to one of em for sure!!! I bet a good way to make a few bucks too.... I am sure I would like the DK40 but I have jumbled the numbers to no avail... The price of 18 125 delivered is all I can do (dk35). I think this one will do all I need anyway .When I called the dealer, he clarified the deal he could do for me would be the 3500 off. I will have buyers remorse come and go but I imagine most folks do after buying such an expensive "toy". It will make my job easier and take hours off of the RTV during spraying and clean up of limbs. So I will remind myself of that.I'm even going to give it a nickname after my Dad (my pal) who recently passed away at 83. I will tell ya'll about that later should the deal be made.. Many , many thanks. Bordercollie

Harvey

BorderCollie

I have the CK25, it's been a great tractor. I heard somewhere that Kioti was coming out with the "free loader" program, ( you buy the tractor, they throw in the loader) not sure where I saw/read this but if true it would save you more money. Maybe check with your dealer.

Harvey

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Harvey. Kioti is currently offering a free loader with ck tractors (KL120 and KL130 loader) and 3500 off of attachments when buying a dk series tractor. I am getting the deal on the DK. One can go to the Kioti site -click on the finance button and can see what is offered. I think I got a reasonable deal , Wish I could have saved a little more $ but the dealer has bills to pay too. So he has ordered a DK35 for me to look at and drive.No obligation. It will take week or 2 to get here.. Thanks for the suggestions and help. I appreciate all of it! Bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on what may be your new tractor!!! You're gonna' love it.

DK35vince

Sounds like a good price for a DK 35se.
I have an older model/style DK 35. (2001 model)
I've been real pleased with it so far with just under 1400 hours.
Nice tractor.
Good luck in your search.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Dealer has both models in stock already so I will check them out and ? first of the week.:>) I am going to Ark near Ok today. See ya'll when I get back. Thanks again! Bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I called the dealer and got a price for the dk40 with loader. with tax in the mid 19's. In your opinions, why should I go for the bigger tractor ?- I know it has a bigger loader (401) vs (351) on the dk35. I see it has more hp too . 4 cylinder instead of 3....Lift capacity is similar ,pto hp is 28 vs 34....I like the digging depth of 6+ inches on the 401 loader vs 5+ on the 351. I guess if it handles near the same, I may go for it and buy the sprayer I sort of need next year - making do with the one I have on the RTV.. One thing for sure , I can't get a 40 after I buy a 35...Hummm I may have talked myself into it ...with such a small up charge. I have really put the wringer to the old proverbial turnip. :>) Anyway all opinions appreciated. Bordercollie

I called the dealer and got a price for the dk40 with loader. with tax in the mid 19's. In your opinions, why should I go for the bigger tractor ?- I know it has a bigger loader (401) has 2716lbs of lifting & 3727 break out force vs (351) that has 1412lbs of lifting & 2640 break out force on the dk35. I see it has more hp too . 4 cylinder instead of 3....Lift capacity is similar ,pto hp is 28 vs 34....I like the digging depth of 6+ inches on the 401 loader vs 5+ on the 351. I guess if it handles near the same, I may go for it and buy the sprayer I sort of need next year - making do with the one I have on the RTV.. One thing for sure , I can't get a 40 after I buy a 35...Hummm I may have talked myself into it ...with such a small up charge. I have really put the wringer to the old proverbial turnip. :>) Anyway all opinions appreciated. Bordercollie

I guess that you are looking at the 3pt lift of 2381 vs 2493? But look at the loader difference, it's HUGE! The loader is absolutely the selling point between the DK35 & the DK40.

Bordercollie, if there is any way at all, you have just got to get the DK40SE. Once you get it, you will not regret it. The money difference is just to close to pass up a machine that is so much more capable

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
making the call in the am

I was looking at the 3ph capacity alright, aiming at the lift ability for a 3ph sprayer. Now I had overlooked the loader difference and you are right -HUGE!!! I'll go for it if it will handle like I think. A "gift" from my late Dad will make the difference up..A fitting tribute that should be around for many many years.-Thanks for the wake up Mtn viewRanch . I'm going to see it in the am so will let yall know!! Bordercollie