Installing Boss plow on RTV 1100

W3IAX

I have all the mechanical assembly completed for Boss Power V plow for my RTV 1100.

I am about to start wiring.

Looking for tips and hopefully pictures on your instal.

Especially where did you locate the solenoid and cable routing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I attached a couple pics where we are at now.

628pm

Site Supporter
Don't have any pictures right now. But I installed my boss Vplow on a 2014 x900 earlier this year.

I placed the solenoid on driver side inner fender well. Ran the wiring from there to my battery in the back

One thing I never have checked on it the covers for the receptacles. I don't think I put them on right, because they would come right off if I left them on after taking the plow off.

travisd

Different RTV (X900) and different plow (Sno*Way) but I ran the power cable for mine down along the left side frame rail - this is where the factory aux fuse panel feed was run, and it seems to protect the wiring nicely. This puts it out right at the battery. No solenoid to install with the Sno*Way though, just a power feed.

W3IAX

Pop, Yes I have all the manuals I have talked with Boss Technical Service, they say details are up to the installer !

Boss guys did send me several pics, but most are on the new "X" model.

Just trying to learn from other's experiences, both good and bad.

I will probably mount the solenoid and relay under the hood on passenger side.

Attachments

• DSC00736.JPG
    DSC00736.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC00735.JPG
    DSC00735.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 312

pop58

Thought for sure it would say where to run it in the book W3IAX.

That's a good looking plow you have there.

That's the one I was going to get but I put Camoplast tracks on my machine and I think the tracks will hit the plow mount so I will most likely go with the Meyers because it mounts in the front 2" Reese hitch and that plow sticks out farther so the tracks won't hit the plow or mount.

doublejack

Notice you did not install the flexible snow deflectors on the top of the plow. I didn't either, but would like to know how effective they are from some one who has experience with them. Anybody out there with a Boss V plow with deflectors? What do they do for you? thanks!

razerface

Anybody out there with a Boss V plow with deflectors? What do they do for you? thanks!

I run them. I really like them. I plow in the wind, and I plow fast. The deflectors help keep the snow off the windshield. They help,,,,,,

W31ax, do you still need any pics? I mounted all my stuff under hood on pass side, under the rubber cover. Then I lay the cables there when not in use and hooked to the plow. If I remember right, I ran the cable under the floormat from battery to engine compartment. I mounted the connector under the pass side dash for the hand control.

Now that I am remembering,,, I think I use the same power cable for the winch and the plow.

rapracing

Notice you did not install the flexible snow deflectors on the top of the plow. I didn't either, but would like to know how effective they are from some one who has experience with them. Anybody out there with a Boss V plow with deflectors? What do they do for you? thanks!

I do

But I haven't used the plow yet

ETA:
Plow
Plow shoes
snow deflector
installed was just under $3700 OTD

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
That is a great looking plow there W3IAX. If we got much snow here in ne ga I would have to have one. We might get one or two three to six inch snows here a year so if needed I scrape road and driveway with ford tractor and scrape blade. Good luck with the install!:a1:

pop58

W3IAX, if you get a moment would you measure the distance of the plow in straight and V-back position at the ends of the plow to the front of the machine and how wide the mount is.

Would still like to use this plow.

Have you got to use it yet?

herman48

After 29 years in Kodiak I now live in Alabama, and I am glad I have no use for snow plows--and I have no use for snow!!!! I used to like it, but when you get up in the morning and realize that only a full-size tractor can clear your driveway from that heavy, wet snow, you begin to hate that white stuff!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I really like the plow but my tractor would be pissed if it had even less to do so I keep that with loader and blade for the snow. (ATV with plow is used for the light stuff).

pop58

I to use the tractor with loader, back blade and 3pt snow blower bczoom.

The snow blower is hard to beat.

maplenut

I'm currently installing a Boss V plow on my new X1100 . I installed the solenoid on the drivers side to the left of the windshield washer jug. I figured the battery is on the same side so hopefully it would be easier.

Need help tho , where or how do you run the power cable and the controller wiring to the front of the machine? There's no room to " sneak" those cables out? Any suggestions? Only thing I can figure is to drill hole in plastic inner fender but I don't think having the cables above the front tire is a good idea.

mgfrank

Boss Power V plow RTV x1100C 2018

I have all the mechanical assembly completed for Boss Power V plow for my RTV 1100.

I am about to start wiring.

Looking for tips and hopefully pictures on your instal.

Especially where did you locate the solenoid and cable routing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I attached a couple pics where we are at now.
I just assembled the plow now looking to wire. I have a wire diagram but it so small I can't read the thing. any tips I saved $300 by installing it my self but now I am wondering if it would have been worth it.... Any pointers would help Thanks