KIOTI vs KUBOTA

XCAT

Hi all,
this is my first post on any web forum so please go easy on me!
i live in Australia and have very little contact with owners of Kioti tractors (branded Daedong over here). i am currently looking at buying a new tractor around 45>50 hp range and will be fitting a FEL to it. as Deadong are not that well known here i would like some feed back from owners as to how well they are holding up especilly after 1000 hrs. i am in two minds weather to buy Kubota or Daedong, in Daedong i am looking at the EX50M and in Kubota the L4400. as most of you would know the Daedong (Kioti) have a lot more features than the L4400 Kubota but is the Kubota really that much better???
any info would be great
cheers
:lam:

Mark777

WELCOME XCAT!

Sorry, I wish I knew more about both models. I'm pretty sure that we have members that can shed more light on your request for comparisons....

I will say that both brands have positive owner feed back and an excellent history for being strong, reliable and very dependable tractors. The Kubota will have better support and a wider network of dealer service plus a higher residual (re-sale) value a few years down the road. The Kioti (Daedong) will be less expensive and include many options in the initial package.

Very tough decision and hopefully you will get more feedback as your thread progresses.

(You wont find anyone from NTT anything less than helpful as we 'go easy' with all members)

Mark

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Both brands are good solid tractors. I would consider the level of local dealer support as more important as which brand.

I have the L4400's little brother the L3400. I have been very happy with it. I found only one problem since I had it, a faulty 3 pt hitch control. The dealer picked it up the morning after I called and brought it back the same afternoon.

Jim

Attachments

• 3400_1.jpg
    3400_1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 195

larryRB

Where I live the Kubota costs considerably more than a comparable horse powered Kioti. This being said, I need a construction style backhoe and have a Kubota L 48,, THe equivelent Kioti doesn't even come close, Remember, I am talking commercial construction and not a machine for 20 acre mini farm. THe two types of tractors are worlds apart. I use to have a Mahindra 41 horse power which would be OK for those tilling, seeding brush cutting jobs,, The Mahindra had a 11 ft Bradco add on hoe, which didn't work out all to well, If I had to buy another machine without need for construction, It would be 95% chance I would get another Kubota. This isn't to say Kioti is bad,, It' all what one is use to and their perception of that tractor,

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to our Forum Xcat. :thumb: I'm glad you joined.

I have a 2002 Kubota Grand L 3010. I am extremely happy with it. It has performed flawlessly. I'm still under 500 hours though and I know you asked about those over 1000.

I've heard mostly good things about Kioti, and we have a few members that own Kiotis. Kioti has been compared to Kubota back when Kubota was competing with John Deer for acceptance. I do believe both are quality machines. Like Larry mentioned consider all the implements you'll need and be sure they are available for whichever tractor you end up buying.
On my other forum http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/
we have a member with the member name of Daedong. He is in Australia and runs a bigger Kioti. I'll see if he'll stop by over here and comment on his experiences.

daedong

Hi all,
this is my first post on any web forum so please go easy on me!
i live in Australia and have very little contact with owners of Kioti tractors (branded Daedong over here). i am currently looking at buying a new tractor around 45>50 hp range and will be fitting a FEL to it. as Deadong are not that well known here i would like some feed back from owners as to how well they are holding up especilly after 1000 hrs. i am in two minds weather to buy Kubota or Daedong, in Daedong i am looking at the EX50M and in Kubota the L4400. as most of you would know the Daedong (Kioti) have a lot more features than the L4400 Kubota but is the Kubota really that much better???
any info would be great
cheers
:lam:

I live in Sth Aust, I have a DK50 with a FEL, I bought it back in 01/02 it has done about 1500 hrs. I have had some problems with it but you can have problems with any makes. I had problem with the 4WD lever shaft that goes through the gear box (fixed under warranty no hassles, not a problem since). I blew a head gasket (entirely my fault, slack arse never checked coolant) Other than that it has been a good tractor. I would have no hesitation recommending a Daedong but bear in mind they probably do not hold their resale value like a Kubota. So I guess it depends on what your long term plans are. Go with what you feel comfortable with.

XCAT

Xcat

Thanks for your informed responses people - keep them coming!
Dealer support is all around us here, Daedong and Kubota seem to be on an evan par in this area. i agree with larryRB regarding the higher price of the Kubota it is the same here, it is you just get more tractor for you bucks with the Daedong. The EX50M Daedong is on special with loader at AU$32,995.00,
VS Kubota L4400 at AU$32000.00 but a lot less features,
keep em coming
cheers

DK35vince

I have a Kioti DK 35 that I bought in early 02, currently at around 1050 hours.
Only had a couple minor issues ,the plastic fuel filter bowl cracked (replacement was around $9) and a tachometer cable broke (replacement was around $8).
I've been very pleased with the tractor so far.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT Vin. Thanks for coming over and responding here. :thumb:

larryRB

It sounds like a Kioti will do what you need done. With a local dealer to take care of any problems, you shouldn't have to worry too much about any problems coming up.. My only thing is,, if you are doing a lot of commercial work, get a commercial designed machine such as three pumps instead of the normal two. At the moment Kubota L39 nad 48, Deere 110 and Yanmar CBL40 fit the commercial category.. Mahindra, Kioti and the rest do not have a "real" designed commercial machine, For around the property type stuff a DK45 or other DK will do you fine.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I've owned both Kubota and Kioti. Currently running a Kioti DK45S with 350 hours. I have no complaints on either. I bought the Kioti on features and price. Honestly, if Kubota could have been competitive on price, I probably would not have taken the chance on the Kioti BUT the price difference and features on a comparable machine warranted the risk. I have no regrets!

XCAT

Xcat

Thanks for your time , i will look into it further as the weeks go on, i have a hand operation this week so that should give me time to look around a bit more. :Tip-Hat2:

Steve_Miller

I've owned both Kubota and Kioti. Currently running a Kioti DK45S with 350 hours. I have no complaints on either. I bought the Kioti on features and price. Honestly, if Kubota could have been competitive on price, I probably would not have taken the chance on the Kioti BUT the price difference and features on a comparable machine warranted the risk. I have no regrets!

I've owned both Kubota and Kioti. Currently running a Kioti CK30HST with 75 hours. I have no complaints on either. I bought the Kioti on features and price. Honestly, if Kubota could have been competitive on price, I probably would not have taken the chance on the Kioti BUT the price difference and features on a comparable machine warranted the risk. I have no regrets! My first two were small Kubotas, B6200 and a B7200, third was a CK20J and now a CK30HST. Hijacked part of your quote Bigdog, it was easier to cut and paste than to type it all.

Steve
Nova Scotia

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I've owned both Kubota and Kioti. Currently running a Kioti CK30HST with 75 hours. I have no complaints on either. I bought the Kioti on features and price. Honestly, if Kubota could have been competitive on price, I probably would not have taken the chance on the Kioti BUT the price difference and features on a comparable machine warranted the risk. I have no regrets! My first two were small Kubotas, B6200 and a B7200, third was a CK20J and now a CK30HST. Hijacked part of your quote Bigdog, it was easier to cut and paste than to type it all.

Steve
Nova Scotia

No problem ............. Pictures please!

XCAT

Xcat

test drove the new EX45HST and DK501M today, i wasnt happy with the take up time in the hydrostatic transmission between forward and rev, although it took up nice and smooth just seemed to take to long. the DK501 is a lot quicker in change of directions. at this point Kubota have dropped off my radar due to lake of input from the dealers around here. so i guess i am now looking at either a new Daedong EX40M or EX50M with factory FEL & 4 in 1 and i am opting for the 50! i will see what the best price the dealer comes up with now. i have two dealers quoting so far.:whistle:

Mith

:D I think you have doomed yourself by driving the bigger one! If you buy the smaller of the 2 then you will always be wishing you bought the bigger ;)

XCAT

Xcat

Well i have bitten the bullet and ordered an EX50M Daedong tractor to day, thanks to everyones input , it has helped ! should take about a week to get.
i will try and post a picture if i can work out how to !
cheers

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats! :thumb: :beer:
That is exciting. You'll be like a kid waiting for Christmas until it arrives. :D (I know I was when I was waiting on mine).
It is a load off once the decision is made, now all you have to do is hurry up and wait.
I look forward to pics of your new toy. :D

XCAT

Xcat

Well i have done it, i am now the owner of a Daedong EX50 with FEL, 4in1, pallet forks, quick release euro hitch, so far so good - just a few little items need adjusting, now done 15 hrs, i will try and post some pics - hope they go on.

Attachments

• EX50 1.jpg
    EX50 1.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 193
  • EX50 2.jpg
    EX50 2.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 194
  • EX50 3.jpg
    EX50 3.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 192

Big Dog

Super Moderator